Who do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want?

Now playoffs have been confirmed, who do you want promoted whether you like to see them in Prem or just sick of playing them and want gone?
    Leeds
    Southampton
    West Brom
    Norwich

It bothered tbh keep marti and I fancy us next season the longer soton Leeds stay down closer they go to ffp level parity

Comment

Southampton back up, like them.

Don't like any of the other teams.

Comment

Hope Leeds miss out again, their fans so arrogant think they have a divine right to be in the Prem although I prefer our away days at the other 3

Comment

Leeds only because of the distance

Comment

Leeds or Saints. The less clubs with parachute money in the division next season the better for us. WBA are in a very precarious financial state - if they don't go up they are in deep deep trouble - so, without wishing ill on them, better they are in our division after selling all their players and probably hit with a points deduction.

Comment

Leeds
              Southampton
              West Brom
              Norwich
              Sheff U
              Burnley
              Luton/Forest

Not gonna be easy next term..but will be looking forward being the underdogs

Want Norwich to clear off

Comment

Glad Oxford won today it's a lot closer than Bolton

Comment

S'funyy, if not annoying, that after Oxford snotted us in that pre-season friendly I got on my phone and looked to put a tenner on them going up but none of the betting apps on my phone had any odds for that so I didn't bother pursuing it.

Was a bit of a meltdown on here after that friendly but I was more "get over it, its a meaningless friendly and no more than a training exercise" however in hindsight it was a stark example of how much the team and Ainsworth were off the pace.

Comment

Maybe I'm just looking through rose tinted glasses, but they did, after all, get promoted. So I don't feel too bad about a pre-season result.

But, yes, we have greatly improved.

Comment

It would be nice if all relegated teams went up so it minimises the number of teams with parachute money to those only coming down. Ipswich messed that up this season.

From what I can see the following still have parachute money

- Watford / Norwich (One more season)
                      - Leeds or Southampton (Two seasons left)
                      - Sheff Utd / Burnley / Luton (Three seasons left)

Hopefully we can go up next season, but if not it would be great to see this seasons relegated teams going back up. That would only leave the new three down plus only one other with boosted income. Perhaps it would be better if Luton stayed down as they might use their sky money on a new stadium?

It will ve great to see Watford and Norwich run out of that money from 25/26

Comment

Surely Watford and Norwich aren't getting any??? They came down ages ago after only one season in top flight (I have burnt my bonce in the sun today so maybe my memory is scrambled!).

Plus the three coming down won't get 3 seasons will they after just one season in prem?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Surely Watford and Norwich aren't getting any??? They came down ages ago after only one season in top flight (I have burnt my bonce in the sun today so maybe my memory is scrambled!).

Plus the three coming down won't get 3 seasons will they after just one season in prem?
                          Yep, 3 seasons even if only 1 year in the Prem. It reduces each year but still exists for 3 years. Watford and Norwich still have 1 year left.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Yep, 3 seasons even if only 1 year in the Prem. It reduces each year but still exists for 3 years. Watford and Norwich still have 1 year left.
                            Abs's comments did make me question the three year rule and I do seem to remember something about shorter payment periods if teams only lasted one season in the prem. But I couldn't find anything on the Interweb about it? Perhaps only duscussed at one stage but never put in place?

It does put those promoted at a disadvantage because they're less likely to invest to try and stay there, but that would suit the bigger teams though $$$$$$

Comment

I feel 90% certain that teams need to stay in the prem for more than one season to qualify for the third year of parachute money.
                              Several years ago it was ridiculous and often there'd be 6, 7 or even 8 teams in the Championship getting parachute money. A combination of the rule tweak and same teams going up and down means it looks a bit better next season.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sp...-tricky-times/

Comment

Working...
                              X