Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace want £60m for Eze

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c98zypwz593o

That's a very realitic price and he'll go for that amount. And £12m to us will hopefully mean we can extend Willock's contract if he wants to stay. And hopefully a couple of decent strikers.

Comment

Eze has moved towards the category of 'World class'. Danny Murphy is saying that they'll be a list of clubs interested. This 60m is a starting price. Now Eze will be given the choice of club he wants but that figure will go up well beyond 60m so this will be massively important if we want to keep Marti excited and will certainly provide some tools for him to excel next season
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        That's a very realitic price and he'll go for that amount. And £12m to us will hopefully mean we can extend Willock's contract if he wants to stay. And hopefully a couple of decent strikers.
        Willock in 4th season with us. Last two seasons, apart from purple patch under Beale average.

I'd spend some, not all, Eze windfall on several upcoming young players.

Time to wish Willock along with several others good luck with next club.

Comment

Completely disagree. It's not rocket science that a new manager comes in and starts putting an arm around Willock and starts playing him in his 1st 11. Gareth's dislike that he won't run through brick walls was a real success and a big part why he spends his mornings at the job centre. If Willock is willing to stay under Marti then we would be mental not to have conversations about that possibility. Marti talks Willock up because he knows quality when he sees it.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Willock in 4th season with us. Last two seasons, apart from purple patch under Beale average.

Over the term of his contract I would completely agree. It would appear he downed tools post Beale and his injury issues suddenly disappeared under Mart. The same could be said for JCS.

But he does seem to like working under Marti and seems to be playing well. However, the goals and assists dont seem to be what they once were.

On balance I would offer him a new contract if we're getting a decent deal. But I wouldn't break the bank fir him, especially if the guys can find foreign players similar to Andersen.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Agree entirely, if we were to get a sizeable amount from the Eze sale then it would be nice to look for some quality replacements.

Willock lacks any sort of consistency. On his day he can be a handful, but those days are increasing rare.

Eze has shown where talent and hard work can get you, hopefully his next move will propel him to world class.

Comment

Think will wind up at city if he stays in this country , they have no problem splashing the cash as we've seen with grealish for example.
                Also at city u don't have to play every game as the squad is so good so plenty of rest time.
                Let's hope we spend the money wisely strengthening the team .
                Willock is playing to get out , he sees his brother on big bucks at Newcastle and why wouldn't he want some of that , a few years ago he was showing PL form .

Comment

Eze has hit some great form at just the right time to attract a large fee in the summer. If his form continues over last few games would expect £80m+.

As for Willock has improved a lot under Marti but as others have said been very up and down throughout his four years. One of the best attacking players in this division on his day but not been consistent. if we can reach a fair deal for him to stay would keep him but not worth busting the bank. Personally think more likely he will look to move on anyway.

Comment

I mean 60M is a lot, but didn't you expect this?
                    it was just a matter of time if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      Think will wind up at city if he stays in this country , they have no problem splashing the cash as we've seen with grealish for example.
                      Also at city u don't have to play every game as the squad is so good so plenty of rest time.
                      Let's hope we spend the money wisely strengthening the team .
                      Willock is playing to get out , he sees his brother on big bucks at Newcastle and why wouldn't he want some of that , a few years ago he was showing PL form .
                      I read that he is likely to prefer a London club because of his family ties.

Comment

Working...
                      X