This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Shocking that we can't display the st Georges cross. We aren't patriotic enough but this really has become a ridiculous country.
    Putin must think the West has gone soft in the head when many can't agree what a woman is!! No wonder he invaded the Ukraine because he knows we don't have the backbone for a long term battle and will turn our back on them eventually. I hope you're extended family are safe mate.

i lived in Australia for two years and felt a connection to that country due to them singing their national anthem before sporting events. Get on the bus, or get off the bus. A very proud country Australia.

Comment

Agree - we’ve got no chance of winning now we’ve changed the tiny flag on the collar

Comment

Australia, the mighty nation that Putin wouldn't dare mess with because they all sing the anthem and can misgender people at will.

Btw, the UK has tried to force people to conform and left no space for other cultures/beliefs. If you want a history lesson ask the Irish how their ancestors felt about it. Or just imagine if we told Wales you have to be British now and not Welsh at all.

I just don't know where it stops.
        Can foreign people keep making curries and kebabs or should they all convert to boiled potatoes and unseasoned meat only to conform to your one true standard of what people should be like?

Have a word with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
          Agree - we’ve got no chance of winning now we’ve changed the tiny flag on the collar
          Regardless of the flag on the shirt a nations flag is a nations flag

with mr waist coat at the helm we’ve got fa hope of wining

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post
            Australia, the mighty nation that Putin wouldn't dare mess with because they all sing the anthem and can misgender people at will.

Btw, the UK has tried to force people to conform and left no space for other cultures/beliefs. If you want a history lesson ask the Irish how their ancestors felt about it. Or just imagine if we told Wales you have to be British now and not Welsh at all.

Can foreign people keep making curries and kebabs or should they all convert to boiled potatoes and unseasoned meat only to conform to your one true standard of what people should be like?

Personally I've enjoyed living here even though this constant PR driven woke nonsense has gone too far in my opinion. I have always given people the respect they deserve and dont need this re-education. Most people a decent at heart and dont need this bombardment. But hey ho, the younger generation will eventually get the country they deserve and I"ll be pushing up the daisies.

I look back and an happy with what I experienced in the 1980s - 2010s. In the last four years this country has gone to the dogs in my opinion. And, to anticipate your obviously response, yes I am considering leaving this country. I'm Welsh, British and from the U and have a strong connection to England having lived here for 35 yrs.

I will support England in the Euros and hopefully Wales if we qualify on Tuesday night. But I doubt either will get too far, and suspect England will disappoint the most. England players don't appear to want to bust a gut for their country. It doesn't appear to mean enough to them. I suspect most of them don't really feel that much of a connection to "England". People from Wales are prouder of being Welsh than people from England being English, in my experience having lived in both.

We'll never agree so we'll have to agree to disagree. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

Comment

I read that Nike are based in the US.

I wonder what the reaction would be there if they were fannying around with the Stars and Stripes. For fun of course.

Just a thought.

Comment

Utter drivel
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  I read that Nike are based in the US.

I wonder what the reaction would be there if they were fannying around with the Stars and Stripes. For fun of course.

Just a thought.
                  I've been saying exactly that from the outset.
                  NIke would be hounded out the country.
                  Nike would never dare attempt such a thing, in the US, yet it seems perfectly acceptable to "have a bit of fun" with our flag.
                  ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

I've been saying exactly that from the outset.
                    NIke would be hounded out the country.
                    Nike would never dare attempt such a thing, in the US, yet it seems perfectly acceptable to "have a bit of fun" with our flag.
                    ​​​​
                    Spot on
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Really so you think it's ok to change the national flag of England do you?because i bloody don't

Comment

I was annoyed at 1st but this is why it sums up my country. I can't be patriotic because they've sucked out our identity
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It's not Nike that are making these decisions. If we wasn't happy with the kit design Nike would alter it to as we've asked for
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The kit was approved by Navin Singh, who clearly doesn't feel as patriotic as the majority. I wonder which cricket team he supports.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ons-Rugby.html

Comment

Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post

Really so you think it's ok to change the national flag of England do you?because i bloody don't
                              LOL! Yes absolutely I think it's absolutely fine to make a change!
                              wtf, why wouldn't it be? It's a stupid flag.

Also the Americare do enough weird things with their flag already I doubt they would care.

Didn't one of their kits have a faded set of stars on it and I don't recall hearing about them loosing their mind over it.
                              They change the stars and stripes to represent all sorts of things from supporting transgender to the police. No one bats an eyelid.

You lot are a laughing stock by being this weird rage induced jingoistic sabre rattling over a flag. Go make your own flag which says you don't support transgender people instead and show your true colors would you?
                              ​​​​

Comment

Being patriotic is a personal thing to each of us As is people’s view on other issues as you mentioned. I think we have had enough of minority opinions being forced upon us. Live and let live just do it quietly

Comment

Working...
                                X