Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium

Could anything be done to HQ to build something like the Boca Juniors stadium?

Ellersie side would be executive boxes and potentially move the pitch over a bit to that side to allow for a longer Loft and School End, and higher stands across all three other sides?

Could that get seating up to 27,000 and have at least a two tier executive box area?

Sorry, can't post an image of the Boca Juniors stadium....!

Screenshot_20240313_213336_Chrome.jpg
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Looks good but to put South Africa Rd onto Ellersle Rd would be costly. Also we would have to buy my old house on little Loftus Rd !

We would have to move to Wembley for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Looks good but to put South Africa Rd onto Ellersle Rd would be costly. Also we would have to buy my old house on little Loftus Rd !

We would have to move to Wembley for a year or so.
        Ellerslie would be the Exec Box side not SAR.

Would there be room to go back on the other three side, or have tiered stands to minimise light interruption to surrounding buildings? It wouldnt be as big as Boca Juniors stadium which is 54,000 but surely we could get it up to half that size to 27,000. There'd be more executive box income too.

Any conversion would be cheaper than moving.

Comment

That's kinda cool and unique. Looks like a baseball stadium, would be great for gigs but the residential location is surely the bigger issue?

Does it solve the seating room problem, or allow us to modernise in any significant way, or allow for parking?

Nice idea but it's probably not possible in reality.

Comment

The seats at LR are truly awful - the average height of the population is on an upward trend - they are unfortunately the worst seats I've sat in at any ground I've been to, whatever happens with hq in future, that needs to change.

Comment

The idea of increasing the existing footprint of our ground by even an inch is a complete non-starter. The Local Authority and residents would prove to be insurmountable objectors.

I'm unclear how the design and architecture stacks up in the suggestion above but the idea that we "magic up" a 27K 21st Century stadium on our existing real estate, a stadium with improved comfort, views, legroom, concourses and facilities (or what is the point?) doesn't seem remotely viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                The idea of increasing the existing footprint of our ground by even an inch is a complete non-starter. The Local Authority and residents would prove to be insurmountable objectors.

I'm unclear how the design and architecture stacks up in the suggestion above but the idea that we "magic up" a 27K 21st Century stadium on our existing real estate, a stadium with improved comfort, views, legroom, concourses and facilities (or what is the point?) doesn't seem remotely viable.
                My thought was to knock down the Ellerslie Road stand and move a two tier Executive Box out onto the edge of the current concourse. This would be the same height as if housing was there so no light issues to existing housing.

The pitch could then be moved towards the new Exec Boxes and the extra space used to extend the length of the loft and School End. Newly created space at the SAR end would be used to expand the depth of the stand and potentially an overhang of upper tier over the lower too. I'm not sure if the same tiered approach could be undertaken at the LR and School End.

Comment

Bear in mind our pitch is one of the smallest, should a larger pitch be taken into account? thus reducing the available space for new stands.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Afraid we need to think beyond LR. Should have done so years ago. LR has such emotional attachments for us all, but that's all in the past. I'm hoping our new CEO won't be looking backwards and that a hugely overdue move, features in a business plan.

Comment

We need to get away from loftus rd , not enough space . I have to sit sideways cos not enough room . When i had season tickets i had to get front row or aisle seats for legroom.

Comment

By now I think the club have looked at every which way , we need to scrap everything and take a fresh look .
                        We can send men to the moon so anything is possible.

Comment

Project Big Ben in full swing to get investment to develop Loftus Road. I think this is just old news as reported by Bloomberg months ago. But the current owners value us at £120m which is probably £200m shy of what they've spent on us.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...investors.html

Comment

Only way forward is a new stadium, don't know when, don't know how, but Loftus road is now holding us back, sad as it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X