Run ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run ins

I just read an article about the run ins of teams fighting against relegation. To me Stoke's looks worst, ours is next and Millwall, Sheff Weds and Huddersfield look to have favourable run ins. I haven't mentioned Rotherham or a few of the other also rans. I know we tend to play better against good teams so it may be a moot point. In other news, Stoke may be looking to replace their manager who has a contract of just over 3 years on £1 Million per year and they paid a fair whack of compo to Argyle, that's gotta hurt their finances surely? I don't know how they are financially but thought it worthy of mention.

We played Burnley immediately after they had won promotion. Ended up the only team to win at Turf Moor all season.

We then went to Stoke who were safe from relegation with nothing to play for and won there and secured our safety.... see what I'm getting at?

I'd very much doubt Cov will have anything tangible to play for in the last game - ideally theyll be safe in top 6 wanting to preserve their energies for play-offs.

Week before, I'd be surprised if Leeds were not already promoted with nothing to play for.

Before that we will undoubtedly face some teams with nothing to play for with players out of contract in June just going through the motions.

Basically, ANY result is possible in last half-dozen or so games as there will be plenty of teams "on the beach".

PS... I was disappointed this thread wasn't about punch-ups and nawty shennanigans with other firms and mobs

Comment

Working...
    X