X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilias Chair jailed?

Is this real?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26135...ck-driver/amp/

You've got to love the sun not read that for about 10 years.
    On the QPR website, no decision made as of yet.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

breaking story in multiple publications so sadly looks like it is. Bit stunned by it and somewhat speechless!

Comment

Who’s going to hit the first man with corner and free kicks now then?

Comment

This is so QPR, just when you think there is a sliver of hope of getting out of relegation this happens, I am surprised this is the first we heard of the impending trial!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

There was a story about this some weeks ago I recall. Lot to take in. From an Rs perspective huge loss now and going forwards both in terms of his contributions on the pitch and possible transfer value.

Comment

shame we didn't sell him now
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think it's 12 months and 12 more suspended suspended and 13k ish compo

This really fks us up imo

Comment

Will he play the remaining games of the season?

Comment

‘legal proceedings yet to reach its conclusion’

Legal jargon I know but surely that means no decision reached yet

Agree with We are QPR 12 post above!

let’s not panic - YET

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                      ‘legal proceedings yet to reach its conclusion’

Legal jargon I know but surely that means no decision reached yet

Agree with We are QPR 12 post above!

let’s not panic - YET
                      They may intend to appeal. If that is the case he may get to play the balance of this season pending appeal or however long it takes. However all the press results suggest he has been jailed which seems pretty definitive. We will see in coming days what this means practically.

We do not need the panic. We have Taylor Richards who should be able to come in fresh as he has not had much game time ...

Outside of Taylor Richards though we have brought in Anderson and already have Willock and Smyth plus Hodge can play advanced role. Far from ideal as Chair our best attacking player but we do have some options.

Comment

The way I read it, he has already appealed and will not be jailed until an appeal case is concluded. I do not know Belgium appeal procedures and the time it takes for the appeal to be scheduled, heard and the verdict announced, but I would assume he will play out the remainder of the season and possible even the start of the next season.

Before the case has found its conclusion, Chair is unsaleable.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          The way I read it, he has already appealed and will not be jailed until an appeal case is concluded. I do not know Belgium appeal procedures and the time it takes for the appeal to be scheduled, heard and the verdict announced, but I would assume he will play out the remainder of the season and possible even the start of the next season.

I think you’re right mate.

it would have helped if the club elaborated a little bit ie ‘Chair will be available for selection tomorrow’ …..

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Hi. Where do you see mention of an appeal pending?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Hi. Where do you see mention of an appeal pending?
                              "Legal proceedings yet to reach its conclusion" so the next step is to lodge an appeal.

Just give the lorry driver £50k for him to withdraw his complaint against Chair. Money talks and Chair has some. Just pay him off.

Comment

Working...
                              X