Amazing January transfer window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing January transfer window

I know it is early days, but I think the January transfer window is the best January window we have ever had, circumstances taken into account.

We had a good window in 2021, when Austin and Johansen arrived on loan and turned our season around, but that was with the help of a huge check book.

This time, Nourry & co have had to work miracles on a shoestring budget. It looks as if the loan deals for Dozzell, Kelman, Duke-McKenna and Woodman have financed four reinforcements that have lifted the quality and depth of the squad to a very different level. I can not remember more shrewd business from QPR for a very long.

I think we have freed up something like £15-20k per week by sending the four mentioned players out on loan. On top of this, I guess we received a very decent loan fee from Birmingham for Dozzell, being a relegation rival.

From what I read, Frey and Andersen have accepted modest salaries. Frey was compensated by Royal Antwerp when his contract was terminated, and this might have led him to accept a modest salary from QPR. Effectively, Royal Antwerp is paying most of his salaries.

I would not be surprised if both Frey and Andersen have signed contracts where they are paid less salary this season than next, to align with our present FFP limitation. These limitations will ease next season, when we have much more headroom.

Hodge is on £5k a week according to those sources that think they know what players earn (capology.com) and we might have paid that to Wolves to take him on loan plus a modest loan fee. Hayden is on £22k a week, but given his unsuccessful loan spell at Standard Liege and his injury problems, we might not pay more than £5-8k a week to take him on loan, with no loan fee.

The Hayden and Andersen deals will obviously only be successful if the players can stay injury free. Both are risky ones, as they are known to be injury prone. However, in our position, we will have to take risks, given our tiny budget. It looks to me as if we manage player fitness better than previously. Right now, we seem only to have one player on the injury list (Kolli). This stands in sharp contrast to previous seasons.

This Nourry guy looks like a very clever CEO/DOF. If we stay up, I think this bodes very well for next season, with a very decent coach, a very smart CEO, and a good medical/fitness team.

Have we finally got some key appointments right?

Oh & what’s happened to our points deduction Lol

Comment

Very clever window. Not without a bit of a risk injury wise but potentially four good signings who have the potential to become first team regulars or at worst give us far better depth in the squad. To do that with our financial restrictions very impressive.

No idea if it will be enough but gives us a realistic chance. Get the impression that a lot of the teams in the mix are going to be giving it some real fight and it could end up being tight and of course many of those have a bit of a head start on us.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        I know it is early days, but I think the January transfer window is the best January window we have ever had, circumstances taken into account.

We had a good window in 2021, when Austin and Johansen arrived on loan and turned our season around, but that was with the help of a huge check book.

This time, Nourry & co have had to work miracles on a shoestring budget. It looks as if the loan deals for Dozzell, Kelman, Duke-McKenna and Woodman have financed four reinforcements that have lifted the quality and depth of the squad to a very different level. I can not remember more shrewd business from QPR for a very long.

I think we have freed up something like £15-20k per week by sending the four mentioned players out on loan. On top of this, I guess we received a very decent loan fee from Birmingham for Dozzell, being a relegation rival.

From what I read, Frey and Andersen have accepted modest salaries. Frey was compensated by Royal Antwerp when his contract was terminated, and this might have led him to accept a modest salary from QPR. Effectively, Royal Antwerp is paying most of his salaries.

I would not be surprised if both Frey and Andersen have signed contracts where they are paid less salary this season than next, to align with our present FFP limitation. These limitations will ease next season, when we have much more headroom.

Hodge is on £5k a week according to those sources that think they know what players earn (capology.com) and we might have paid that to Wolves to take him on loan plus a modest loan fee. Hayden is on £22k a week, but given his unsuccessful loan spell at Standard Liege and his injury problems, we might not pay more than £5-8k a week to take him on loan, with no loan fee.

The Hayden and Andersen deals will obviously only be successful if the players can stay injury free. Both are risky ones, as they are known to be injury prone. However, in our position, we will have to take risks, given our tiny budget. It looks to me as if we manage player fitness better than previously. Right now, we seem only to have one player on the injury list (Kolli). This stands in sharp contrast to previous seasons.

This Nourry guy looks like a very clever CEO/DOF. If we stay up, I think this bodes very well for next season, with a very decent coach, a very smart CEO, and a good medical/fitness team.

Have we finally got some key appointments right?
        I agree entirely, going back to Warnock days. The only negative is it came a bit late. If this team had showed up against Hudders???

But it had to happen this way due to the £ saving.

All in all in the space of 2 -4 days (end of the wondown and when Andersen was confirmed, i've personally gone from we're doomed to it's totally within our grasp.

Excellent job by the new people making decisions, not only to get something done but to get, hopefully, exactly what we needed without too much risk.

Comment

Really can’t see us going down with that team & the way we’ve been playing & at last we have a strong bench

Comment

Real test for Nourry this Summer. We need to find younger players.

Comment

Amazing transfer window. What sheff wed, Huddersfield, stoke, etc don't have is London. We're very fortunate to have location and a passionate loyal fan base to play Infront of. That gives us a huge advantage to sign player that wouldn't normally come for a relegation battle. It's no mystery why wed and other haven't been active in the transfer market.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I went on holiday to Stoke once and thought it was nice. Well when I say Stoke it was not in Stoke itself, it was well outside Stoke in the countryside and didn't bother venturing into the city itself ...

I also went to Hull once. It was like a town from prehistoric times had been brought forward into our time. Spent the night in some beat up pub in the harbour and to order a pint you had to use a combination of grunts and whistles.

Comment

This transfer window has been a masterclass in effective management. Nourry strategic moves especially in terms of financial planning and player contracts are a breath of fresh
                  Last edited by SheepRanger; 27-02-2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• SheepRanger
                    SheepRanger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Removed link as not Qpr related
                Working...
                X