Hudd sack Moore for playing dull, conservative, losing football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudd sack Moore for playing dull, conservative, losing football

Well, bit duff getting outplayed by a club above us who then launch the manager isn't it!? Oh well, it's on to the next "must win" game with the hapless Rovers on Saturday - I really think Marti needs to set us up to show some ambition and threat.

What did Marti do wrong on Sunday? Was it him or was it the players? I keep hearing about poor subs and Smyth should start, Willock not at the races etc.

Smyth doesn't have 90 minutes of his best version in him, been tried and failed, maybe better than Willock but still.

Seems this effected our right flank with the inexperienced Drewe getting exposed, so that could have been adjusted sooner.

Other than that seemed a pretty good line up up to me, one that can play well, but we were bullied off the pitch by a team that didn't let us play, and we were'nt good enough man to man to play our way out of that.

Comment

Imo he started our best 11 and they were out played by a more energetic side.

We were abysmal and lucky to get a point yesterday Smyth don't last 90 mins 60 is his max I see him with his pace as a sub unless we sign a cm with the ability to drive at sides were going to struggle colback and field to similar and no threat going forwards

Comment

Another club expecting miracles with lower end championship players due to a small budget

Comment

I'm worried about our lack of cover in midfield. We've got rid of Dozzell & I think Field is now suspended for 2 games. Colback will blatantly pick up another ban. I wonder if the club have got a centre mid loan lined up before the window closes?

Comment

Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post
            I'm worried about our lack of cover in midfield. We've got rid of Dozzell & I think Field is now suspended for 2 games. Colback will blatantly pick up another ban. I wonder if the club have got a centre mid loan lined up before the window closes?
            Can't see it happening until Dunne leaves for Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Can't see it happening until Dunne leaves for Blackburn
              Or willock to the snake

Either I'd let go to free up funds for Tim ideally or another cm of his type on loan

Comment

Feel sorry for Moore. Looked like he was getting a bit of a tune out of them yesterday. Surely you know who won't go back there????
                I never really thought we could go down until yesterday. They need to get on a run and keep failing miserably to do so. I hope Frey works out well for us but he would have been better off joining the Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Or willock to the snake

Either I'd let go to free up funds for Tim ideally or another cm of his type on loan
                  Yeah, but there doesnt appear to be any rumours on that front with only days left. But all accounts he didn't put much of a shift in yesterday so who knows what's going on in the background.

Comment

They out battled us, it was as simple as that. Looked like the occasion got to us - Hudds certainly looked like they wanted it more.

Armstrong petrified them - Marti should have pushed him on against Hudds 5 after the booking and they’d have been down to 10 men

Comment

It was a dismal game , both sides were clueless and it was a hard watch .
                      Moore deserves more time , comes across as a decent bloke , but it's a results business they all say .

Comment

Not turning up v Huddersfield has hugely cost us. I've just watched 15mine of Blackburn on BBC and they're miles better than us. So we have zero chance of a result. They have pace and directness, everything we don't have
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Not turning up v Huddersfield has hugely cost us. I've just watched 15mine of Blackburn on BBC and they're miles better than us. So we have zero chance of a result. They have pace and directness, everything we don't have
                          We will play better against teams that are more open, as we can play the way Marti wants us to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedders View Post
                            They out battled us, it was as simple as that. Looked like the occasion got to us - Hudds certainly looked like they wanted it more.

Armstrong petrified them - Marti should have pushed him on against Hudds 5 after the booking and they’d have been down to 10 men
                            I don't think they out-battled us. They just played with more pace and intent. When they had possession/momentum they took all throws-ins and set-pieces ultra quickly - they clearly wanted to get on with it and keep the pressure on. Conversely, they strived to delay and slow things down when we had possession to knock us out of any rhythm. Meanwhile, we just plodded along, always looking to play backwards or sideways but seldom forwards.
                            Overall, it looked to me that they approached the game correctly - Moore has a wealth of EFL games under his belt and prepped them accordingly. Marti was very naïve if he felt we could patiently play our way to 3pts in such a game and I feel he needs to wise up big-time and re-think his principles or we'll just be cannon fodder for the opposition to gobble up in upcoming games. The run-in will be a frantic whirlwind of games and there'll be no place for tame poofy football I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                            X