Beale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beale

Sunderland fans wants him out. Won two games out of seven they played under his leadership. Must realise now what a big mistake he made when he left us for Rangers. Marti is much better coach and down to earth. Hope he stays here for the long time.

He believed the hype himself.

He would have got the sack from us too. He bailed during an awful run of results which most forget due to the good start.

Comment

He'll end up blagging another job somewhere else

Happy with MC at ours as for snake made his bed when he left and its been awful since TOUGH LUCK

Comment

Bit early for sacking talk but safe to say they have not taken to him. Mowbray had not done a lot wrong adding to the mix and expectations that any replacement must be truly special.

Wasn't with us long enough to properly judge. Started great, fell away badly and he then slithered off after about 5 minutes and flopped at Rangers.

Comment

I imagine he'll end up in Saudi with Gerrard if / when Sunderland goes #### up. I'd be surprised if another championship club came in for him if he's turfed before the end of the season.

Comment

He's all mouth and trousers. Talks a good game but his track record and CV are starting to reveal it's all hot air.

Worries me when folks fall for these chancers with the gift of the gab. They just trot sound bites out and echo what fans what want to hear and too many fall for it.

Still reckon Critch was written off far too soon by us cos he didn't have the gift of the gab or look comfy in front of a camera.

Judge them by their results and in the context of who they were managing and the budget/backing they had - anything else is just fluff and padding.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              He's all mouth and trousers. Talks a good game but his track record and CV are starting to reveal it's all hot air.

Worries me when folks fall for these chancers with the gift of the gab. They just trot sound bites out and echo what fans what want to hear and too many fall for it.

Still reckon Critch was written off far too soon by us cos he didn't have the gift of the gab or look comfy in front of a camera.

Judge them by their results and in the context of who they were managing and the budget/backing they had - anything else is just fluff and padding.
              Critch might have been ok but the job was too big for him, especially as a budget Beale, which is essentially what he was. The club needed (and needs, and is hopefully now starting to get) an overhaul that he was not capabale of.

Mick Beale got our squad playing some lovely football, we were top of the league, that doesn't happen by fluke. Yes, paper, cracks, bad signings, bigger problems, bad run of form that he did not show any signs of improving. But, i've no doubt the guy can coach, difference is managing is about alot more than tactics and post match interviews. We can say head coach all we like but the man in the dug out is a manager, good managers radiate into every part of a business, this is where so many fall short i feel.

Comment

I think Beale is a very decent coach/manager. But it looks to me that too many of the transfer dealings he has been involved with have been poor. Richards and Roberts for QPR, that were both very costly, and a string of them for Rangers.

While I think Beale is a good Championship standard coach, I think Mowbray is even better, so it was a strange move to replace the latter with the former. I think he will struggle to do any better than Mowbray and I think he won't last that long.

I suppose the old saying "it couldn't happen to a nicer man" will be appropriate if he ends up with two sackings in quick succession after the way he left us.

Comment

Opening at Liverpool for Beale now....he probably thinks he's ready for a big club having had such unqualified success at Rangers and Sunderland.....

Comment

Quote from Beale in todays press..

“I can’t change my accent or where I am from... I haven’t worked in London for ten years... My accent hasn’t changed!" "I am not crying over it. I am a big boy."

Last time I checked, we was in London? What a mole

Comment

He should/should've started at a league 2 club and try and win something.
                      All this hype and big talk , what's he won .
                      Championship clubs should stay well away until he has something decent to brag about on his CV , anyone Could go to Scotland and come 2nd to Celtic.
                      He's just outside the play offs and 5th and 6th places look open to any team in the top half that puts a run together.
                      ​​​​​​​So unless they go on s really bad run he'll be going no where .

Comment

Working...
                      X