I'd like marti to try this idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like marti to try this idea

Probably getting a bit desperate but I'm of sick chair and willock poncing around with the ball out wide when there on our day our match winners cant we just play willock and chair has a front 2? Then play smyth left and armstrong right on the wings adding pace

we need goals and I want my best 2 players quite simply looking to score, dykes can come off bench

Same here. Play Illy and Willy more centrally and Armstrong and Smyth on the wing. Kolli will hopefully be back in time for Millwall match because he was finally hitting some form. He looks like a decent header of the ball as well.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Willock isn't at the races. Swanning about doing eff all. His slackness led to a Watford breakaway and tactical foul from one of ours who got carded. That was Willock in a microcosm.

We have to start Armstrong Dykes and Smyth up top. Only leaves three berths in midfield, so Field OR Colback holding plus two spaces.... If we played Chair AND Willock we'd get absolutely overrun. I'd therefore play Chair and Elijah DB with Jack.

I'd consider playing Sam at CB instead of Dunne. Poor Jimmy literally shats himself every time Asmir rolls ball to him - maybe Sam will be more comfy knocking ball about at the back?

Comment

On a second thought: Willock is now largely a spent force, I agree with that.^^
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Willock isn't at the races. Swanning about doing eff all. His slackness led to a Watford breakaway and tactical foul from one of ours who got carded. That was Willock in a microcosm.

We have to start Armstrong Dykes and Smyth up top. Only leaves three berths in midfield, so Field OR Colback holding plus two spaces.... If we played Chair AND Willock we'd get absolutely overrun. I'd therefore play Chair and Elijah DB with Jack.

I'd consider playing Sam at CB instead of Dunne. Poor Jimmy literally shats himself every time Asmir rolls ball to him - maybe Sam will be more comfy knocking ball about at the back?
          We have been at our absolute best with Willock and Chair on the pitch, and one striker, the trouble is we just can't be consistent with that.

Comment

Marti would have tried out lots of different formations on the training field , any way u cut it this lot just ain't good enough.
            Yes we have moments like the other teams in the division but overall we are in a relegation position because we are one of the worse teams .
            Poor strikers , ever changing midfield , because he doesn't know his best 11 , ever changing back 4 , injuries and half hearted players .
            We will go down this season , but we will return .
            Mindset needs to change and we need players that will toughen us up .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Willock would be great as one of the strikers, he holds the ball up better than dykes and is better on the ball than dykes and a better finisher in my opinion. Smyth should play left like he did for Leyton orient scoring many goals(I know it's a lower league) in that position. Armstrong then right just for pace and he's a nuisance, he's not ready to be a main striker but he's improving alot especially with his technique.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Marti would have tried out lots of different formations on the training field , any way u cut it this lot just ain't good enough.
                Yes we have moments like the other teams in the division but overall we are in a relegation position because we are one of the worse teams .
                Poor strikers , ever changing midfield , because he doesn't know his best 11 , ever changing back 4 , injuries and half hearted players .
                We will go down this season , but we will return .
                Mindset needs to change and we need players that will toughen us up .
                Got to try players in different positions, Chair for me is so frustrating on the left,he slows it down or ballhogs it or his crosses go to no one. Willock up front with him it's gotta be worth a try.

Comment

We have to do what we can, which based on what the manager sees on the training pitch, what his coaches tell him and who we are facing.

Moving players about because we think it'll work is like a ww1 general moving pieces about on a map, we have no insight other then 90 minutes we see each game, we don't know if Marti has put brilliant plans in place, but they are not exectued, if he has put very little in place and the teaam are clueless, if everything was working but the Willock or someone else didn't come to races and the plan fell apart, or we were just out classed.

Fun to try these things in theory but i've seen nothing that leans me to believe Willock would be a good striker. Chair, maybe. I certainly think he's a better player when given options to pass to, without them he's average. I do agree that Sinclair could make a fantastic winger, bloody wish that lad showed a bit more composure in those clinch moments as everything else about him is on the way to a great career.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    We have to do what we can, which based on what the manager sees on the training pitch, what his coaches tell him and who we are facing.

Moving players about because we think it'll work is like a ww1 general moving pieces about on a map, we have no insight other then 90 minutes we see each game, we don't know if Marti has put brilliant plans in place, but they are not exectued, if he has put very little in place and the teaam are clueless, if everything was working but the Willock or someone else didn't come to races and the plan fell apart, or we were just out classed.

Fun to try these things in theory but i've seen nothing that leans me to believe Willock would be a good striker. Chair, maybe. I certainly think he's a better player when given options to pass to, without them he's average. I do agree that Sinclair could make a fantastic winger, bloody wish that lad showed a bit more composure in those clinch moments as everything else about him is on the way to a great career.
                    Well if u want workrate and committed up and down on the wings then Armstrong and Smyth will provide that cos chair and willock are defensively poor. Still can tweek formations with 4 in team too but I think it would make us more solid and are best players up top looking to score

Comment

How about a bonus for scoring?

(In the opponents net, of course !)

Comment

Oh, hang on.

Wait.

That would probably leave us absent in defence as they'd all be up the other end.

Comment

I see marti is trying different things with dykes as a no 10 which he's doing an OK job but we could really do with a player that is recognised playing that position cos I feel he's not answer but a good back up

Comment

Working...
                          X