Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points deduction incoming

Shits hit the fan .

I’ve been told it’s incoming within next month and we will take the 10 point deduction this season and accept relegation loosing 10 points will bury us and it will b massive rebuild in league 1 next season

bad Bad news and there is more sackings coming and a fire sale of players

marti isn’t happy and could possibly walk in the next few weeks

If this is true then its been on the cards for a long time.

GA stated whatever happens we will be staying within FFP.

If this was likely I dont think we'd have gone to the expense of changing managers or signing the players we did in the summer.

Also, I thought the only reason the owners havent spent big is because of FFP. If we were going to breach this season, then surely spend big to make sure we hit 60 pts and can absorb the 10 points, or dont invest in the summer. If we are going down we might as well sell any player of value this window.

We need a manager who knows L1 - who can that be....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      If this is true then its been on the cards for a long time.

GA stated whatever happens we will be staying within FFP.

If this was likely I dont think we'd have gone to the expense of changing managers or signing the players we did in the summer.

Also, I thought the only reason the owners havent spent big is because of FFP. If we were going to breach this season, then surely spend big to make sure we hit 60 pts and can absorb the 10 points, or dont invest in the summer. If we are going down we might as well sell any player of value this window.

We need a manager who knows L1 - who can that be....!!!
      It’s too do with the ffp fine apparently
      we can’t pay it and have been given extra 4 weeks to find the money (don’t know how much it is or if it’s a few instalments we’ve missed ) I thought fernades paid this !

and if not paid within the next deadline a 10 point deduction will be given (we can’t pay it )

so will take the 10 points but we still will maybe to pay it .

i knew we was In a bit of financial trouble but it’s 100 times worst than I thought .

we are apparently in a worst state than reading was . We are going to be lucky to have a club next season the way he was talking ! Unless we get a rich backer who won’t care loosing millions
      this is why we haven’t heard nothing from the club

Comment

We were told that the owners would pay the £17m out of their own pockets. But what they mean then it still goes against the club but will be covered within the regular £39m three year cycle overspend allowed.

If a move is being considered to default on the next payment then I think its tactical rather than funding. If its likely we're going down then default and remove the remaining liability from us.

Why pay an installment with say £8m still outstanding and still get relegated.....? Better to default and go down on a penalty that removes the remaining liability. This seems a sensible move by the club.

If we dont get maximun points from the next two games, we wont be mathematically down, but as good as. Better to wipe the slate clean as part of the inevitable happening.

Comment

There seems to be a major fallout with the owners hench why some have walked . Why would they all push and get the training ground done then leave and leave us in this absolute mess .

why sack NC or GA ? As much as they was rubbish we couldn’t afford to do it or sign cook - amir - colback etc . Nothing has made sense

Lee hoos needs to come out and be honest with us . This isn’t fair on us being in the dark

Comment

Its been coming the way we've been run is inept top to bottom simple as that

If Marti walks id be disappointed but if he wasn't aware then fair enough if he thinks we've done him over.

L1 with a sale of player left with youth few older pros L2 could follow as were poor in depth.

It's grim being a Qpr fan and been that way for a while. TF and cronies no idea what they were doing and its fans left short changed again

Comment

When it rains it pours

Comment

Would need a big old umbrella for a storm like that

Comment

They wont come out and say anything because we are in the middle of a transfer window. Saying we're skint and going diwn the pan will only result in us being low balled in any plsyer offers we get.

Clearly the club thought our signings were good enough to keep us in this league and they were affordable within FFP rules. I do believe they are putting in the most that FFP allows. They cant put in anymore and the Bhatia stand money was to pay off GA. I said at the time I would rather that money went into the player budget in Jan. The points gained since havent improved significantly to warrant that chsnge. The squad is rubbish.

If the next two weeks result in us having too many points to earn to stay up, then we may as well go down on sanction with the remaining FFP fine remaining removed. Thats great long term planning in my book.

L1 is fine we had a great time there under Olly. What will be will be. Even if we go into liquidation there'll be snother buyer out there who will pick us up cheap. Look at Wrexham ffs. There'll still be a club.

Comment

They wont come out and say anything because we are in the middle of a transfer window. Saying we're skint and going diwn the pan will only result in us being low balled in any plsyer offers we get.

Clearly the club thought our signings were good enough to keep us in this league and they were affordable within FFP rules. I do believe they are putting in the most that FFP allows. They cant put in anymore and the Bhatia stand money was to pay off GA. I said at the time I would rather that money went into the player budget in Jan. The points gained since havent improved significantly to warrant that chsnge. The squad is rubbish.

If the next two weeks result in us having too many points to earn to stay up, then we may as well go down on sanction with the remaining FFP fine remaining removed. Thats great long term planning in my book.

L1 is fine we had a great time there under Olly. What will be will be. Even if we go into liquidation there'll be snother buyer out there who will pick us up cheap. Look at Wrexham ffs. There'll still be a club.
                    Ive no fear of L1 its the possibility of admin once again may pi$$ some off id rather we packed up and I play golf on a sat without mates going your 4 down at HT only down side to that is if I play like tw@t without Qpr I can't blame them!!!

Comment

####in' hell ... not surprised to hear this if I'm honest. But like Kingaustin says why sack our previous managers when this was on the cards? And why not sell players when the offers came in last year (if there was any)? Some serious miss-management has being going on for years. Would explain why we haven't hired a DOF - we can't afford one.

My concern is the teams that have dropped into League 1 with similar issues like Reading & Wigan have struggled badly. I wonder if Marti was aware of any of this it is true...

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Ive no fear of L1 its the possibility of admin once again may pi$$ some off id rather we packed up and I play golf on a sat without mates going your 4 down at HT only down side to that is if I play like tw@t without Qpr I can't blame them!!!
                        I hear you, nobody said it would be easy supporting us. Historically we've mainly been a third tier club. With FFP its getting harder and harder to get to the prem. As a general rule we need to accept that tyr championship is our premiership. I detest the premiership with a passion!

I dont think we'll go into admin as that only happens with cash flow problems. Our owners will keep us going and sell us on the cheap if theyve had enough.

It will all work out fine but we need to accept where we are in the football pyramid. Id still go if we were in L2.

Comment

Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post
                          ####in' hell ... not surprised to hear this if I'm honest. But like Kingaustin says why sack our previous managers when this was on the cards? And why not sell players when the offers came in last year (if there was any)? Some serious miss-management has being going on for years. Would explain why we haven't hired a DOF - we can't afford one.

My concern is the teams that have dropped into League 1 with similar issues like Reading & Wigan have struggled badly. I wonder if Marti was aware of any of this it is true...
                          I doubt if club was honest enough to say look pal will you leave Sweden were potless about to lose points due to ffp If this is true ive no reason to doubt king but were in for a long slog in L1 until were sold and someone with half a brain runs us again.

dark times coming and could be in for a while. once you sit on the slippery slope you don't get of it quickly

Comment

I hear you, nobody said it would be easy supporting us. Historically we've mainly been a third tier club. With FFP its getting harder and harder to get to the prem. As a general rule we need to accept that tyr championship is our premiership. I detest the premiership with a passion!

I dont think we'll go into admin as that only happens with cash flow problems. Our owners will keep us going and sell us on the cheap if theyve had enough.

It will all work out fine but we need to accept where we are in the football pyramid. Id still go if we were in L2.
                            In the last 57 seasons we have only spent 3 in the 3rd tier! hardly a historically 3rd tier club.

23 seasons in the top division
                            31 seasons in the 2nd tier
                            3 seasons in the 3rd tier

you have to go back to 1951 - 1966 for an extended time in the 3rd tier - 14 seasons

we are where we should be in the pyramid somewhere between 24th and 40th.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

In the last 57 seasons we have only spent 3 in the 3rd tier! hardly a historically 3rd tier club.

23 seasons in the top division
                              31 seasons in the 2nd tier
                              3 seasons in the 3rd tier

you have to go back to 1951 - 1966 for an extended time in the 3rd tier - 14 seasons

we are where we should be in the pyramid somewhere between 24th and 40th.
                              I can't remember us being in Div 3 for too long in my life mainly prem or 2nd division. Tbh var would only get on my t I t s if we were in prem

Comment

Working...
                              X