I fear January wont be enough to save us from League 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fear January wont be enough to save us from League 1

I really worry that even if we do bring 2-3 players this month, whether that will even now even be enough to keep us up given the scale of the rebuild we require, a lot of this squad wont be here come next season

It just highlights just how abysmal our recruitment and direction has been, I hope we give Marti the summer to bring his own authority to the squad.

It could be enough to keep us up. Good quality striker and midfielder to add to current squad, wingers / replacements for Willock / Chair if they left is the minimum.

There's no depth but those could do enough to keep us up, barring an injury crisis. On oour day we aren't that bad, just not having enough days.

I really like Marti and like you, I'd like to see him given afew years to build, rebuild.

I do believe he's been caught short with his expectations of the squad, rotation and teams setting up to let us have the ball, knowing we won't do anything with it. But the way he wants to play, is the way forward. Just need the personnel.

Comment

I looked at lineup the other day and bench and just thought 'Marti you poor farker.' That's not even a L1 standard side and it would have been a miracle had we got anything out of the game. We are unbalanced and predictable even when everyone fit and lacking in too many positions.

The right three players could make a huge difference depending on outgoings but we were pre-warned this season there would be no money so I am struggling to see three Championship standard signings coming in without people leaving. As I said in other thread realistically would need Chair to go for decent money and bring in four (to include replacement) to have real chance.

We need a huge rebuild in the summer regardless of what division we are in. We cannot go on season after season with this unbalanced, uncohesive team. Just don't seem to learn and don't even get me started on the lack of players coming through. If Marti stays I can see long term looking better but we are in an almighty mess at the moment.

Comment

If we still had GA I would agree with you
        Marti is going no where and I’m happy with that you can see what his trying to do
        even pep would struggle

we have got a good strong 11 when everyone is fit

get 2 attacking midfielders and a striker we will be absolutely fine

i know for a fact we have inquired about Ings
        obviously that’s down to Ings where he wants to go and few big championships clubs I’m sure will want him .

we have also inquired with 2 other premiership teams for 2 other players I don’t know who these are

the club knows we need quality in asap if we will be down

so it shows the type of players we want not the normal rubbish from league 1

I think Huddersfield-Birmingham- Rotherham will all go down

when chair isn’t playing we struggle to create anything this needs to be addressed this month

Comment

I hope they can get the work done before Watford game on the 20th (think it is)
          then we got milwall and Huddersfield all at home . This month is make or break

Comment

Is Luke Freeman training with us ? Was on Facebook few days ago ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              I hope they can get the work done before Watford game on the 20th (think it is)
              then we got milwall and Huddersfield all at home . This month is make or break
              It definitely is a massive month, weve got 20 league games left, and once this month is over we only have 17 games left, so not a lot of time to pick up points.

A lot can change still, but its gong to be a big ask imo.

Comment

The only players we bring in are ones that are injury prone and spend most of the season on the treatment table, because we have owners who haven't got a f ucking clue how to run a football club, how much are they getting for sponsorship of the stands.
                If they have done a decent deal knowing these owners they probably haven't, if they have they should have some cash to bring in players.
                But I wouldn't hold your breath judging by past transfer windows, leave it to late and get nobody, or the dregs at the bottom of barrel.

Comment

I couldn't see what Marti's tactics were 1st half Monday.
                  This possession play , the back 4 playing amongst themselves not being skilful enough to come out will cost us .
                  We are slow and lackluster and predictable .
                  Our midfield is weak and we don't impose ourselves on other teams .
                  No one breaks from midfield and drives forward.
                  Dykes and Armstrong are poor , all huff and puff no finesse.
                  If we stay up this season ... Then Marti is a miracle worker .

Comment

I think you may be right but let's hope not. It would be unfair to criticise Marti and his appointment may turn out to be a good one in the long term. However appointing him shortly before the window and expecting him to perform magic within it, is an unfair ask. Still, good luck to him.

Comment

I like the way MC wants us to play high press possession however you still have to do the basics and we can't because the players are sub standard well too many are.

It's a bit like saying to Gordon Ramsey make me a cheesecake and giving him the ingredients for a curry that's how pi££ poor we are

we need new faces we need a cf badly we need energy badly but we dont need a lot to survive this leagues poor this season we just 4th from bottom again then clear out the dead wood i dont think MC will get a holiday in the summer with the clear out required

Comment

No one wanted any of our players last window . Who's to say if they will want them now.
                        I get some will be out of contract and will go anyway.

Comment

What frustrates me is that we always talk of clearing deadwood. We do that, bring in new players and then talk of getting rid of deadwood.

We have a mix of aging, injury prone experienced players and fit inexperienced players. Is getting 25yr old players with a couple of hundred appearances really beyond our means??

We get rid of Stef and bring in Colback on bigger wages and there doesnt seem to be more bang for your buck. Players after their last pay day who dont want to expose themselves to long term issues into their 40s etc.

What an absolute #### up our recruitment is. The writing was on the wall when the transfer window had closed and we go into the season with a non-scoring injury prone Dykes and backup of Armstrong, Kelman and Koli.

Our best value signings are Cannon and Paal....more if those please!

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
                            I think you may be right but let's hope not. It would be unfair to criticise Marti and his appointment may turn out to be a good one in the long term. However appointing him shortly before the window and expecting him to perform magic within it, is an unfair ask. Still, good luck to him.
                            Im not criticising Marti at all, I fully back him 100 percent.

My worry is given our lack of finances we might not see any real business this month.

Comment

Is Freeman training with us?
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X