Keep with Marti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep with Marti

I know we have had a couple of bad results , especially the Plymouth and Sheff Wendy games but hopefully Marti will learn from those mistakes of resting players and making poor subs , probably more to do with our weak squad players than anything else.
    In my opinion though he has definitely improved us a lot , we are only losing by the odd goal in games but more importantly we are playing better and are'nt getting stuffed like we were in games under Ainsworth.
    I'm sure Marti knows our weak areas and if we can offload Chair for some money , maybe he will have a couple of foreign gems that can improve us . I feel that if we can add a few and replace players that leave in Jan that we will stay up and hopefully with a bit more money and offloading the deadwood next summer we can push on next season.

He knows the way the team wants to play, and is very confident that he will get it right, comes across as being very confident that he will get it right, I think he is well on the way of doing that, the players seem to have taken him on board.
    The best manager we have had in a number of year's, seems everyone is pleased with the way we are trying to play.
    You will get some who will always be unhappy with whoever is in charge.

Comment

Is anyone seriously considering yet another change of manager?

Comment

Definitely not I don't think anyone has questioned the manager, however the performances against 2 very poor sides was unacceptable, the Southampton game was just a free hit but unrealistic to win it. The manager needs money because we have too many poor players. When you're leaving on dozzell and bringing on player of the level of Kakay and Kelman there can't be any blame on any manager on this planet because the squad is relegation material. I hope he gets the backing in jan
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

[QUOTE=Undecided;n2599063]Is anyone seriously considering yet another change of manager?[/QUOTE
          don’t know how anyone’s got the audacity to even think that or put it up

Comment

Hopefully he will get some of his own players in come the new year .
            Defence looking ok , but weak midfield and a woeful attack .
            I was watching Luton last night and how they were driving from midfield , we don't have a player in our team that can do that .
            Let's hope he's earmarked some good players .

Comment

He needed to make subs 20 mins earlier than he did yesterday, noticed he's quite often late in doing so.

BOO

Comment

It always was the strength of the playing squad, not the managers.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post
                  He needed to make subs 20 mins earlier than he did yesterday, noticed he's quite often late in doing so.

BOO
                  late? in the last few games he has made several subs at half time!

there was no one better on the bench yesterday as it proved - we were weakened by our subs not strengthened - Paul Smyth aside

Comment

In Marti we have to trust. He will get us there and the board know it otherwise he will say bye.

(For our Spanish followers)

En Martí tenemos que confiar. Él nos llevará allí y la junta lo sabrá; de lo contrario, dirá adiós.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      In Marti we have to trust. He will get us there and the board know it otherwise he will say bye.

(For our Spanish followers)

En Martí tenemos que confiar. Él nos llevará allí y la junta lo sabrá; de lo contrario, dirá adiós.
                      Si senor

Comment

Looking at how Blackpool are doing with Critch at the helm and some of the stodgy performances under Marti I'd assume most of us would accept that out biggest problem is the squad.
                        But, it's a results based business and any manager rooted in bottom 3 will inevitably come under the microscope. Marti hasn't had the stiffest run of fixtures and in his opening 8 games he hasn't got us out of bottom 3. If this is still the case after 12, 15, 20 games pressure will grow on him.
                        Ultimately everyone at the club must be accountable for poor results - nobody has a free-pass. However, today is way too early to get jittery about a manager who's been here what, 8 weeks?

Comment

If money was available from the Bhatia family to sack GA then it should have been made available in the summer to bring in a striker on loan.

There's is no point in changing managers again even if we go down.

I think the Board now get it and there will be new players coming in during Jan. I think fringe players will be loaned out or allowed to leave on free transfers to free up some wages.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            If money was available from the Bhatia family to sack GA then it should have been made available in the summer to bring in a striker on loan.

There's is no point in changing managers again even if we go down.

I think the Board now get it and there will be new players coming in during Jan. I think fringe players will be loaned out or allowed to leave on free transfers to free up some wages.
                            Totally agree with you.

Even if we go down this season, we definitely should be sticking by Marti, I can definitely see what hes trying to do and we wont win every week, but I do think we lack a decent striker in this squad so hopefully he can get one sorted out, I think weve got to remember that this isn't Marti's squad and its not exactly full of quality, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of whether we do stay up this season or not, we will have a major, major rebuild in the summer anyway as 14 players are out of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Totally agree with you.

Even if we go down this season, we definitely should be sticking by Marti, I can definitely see what hes trying to do and we wont win every week, but I do think we lack a decent striker in this squad so hopefully he can get one sorted out, I think weve got to remember that this isn't Marti's squad and its not exactly full of quality, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of whether we do stay up this season or not, we will have a major, major rebuild in the summer anyway as 14 players are out of contract.
                              Throughout the summer I was giving GA the benefit of the doubt until the transfer window closed. But he was given an impossible task going into the season with an ineffectuve striker in Dykes, inexperienced players like Armstrong & Kelmsn and a crocked or disinterested Willock. Marti has got Willock going, so fair plsy to him, and wuthout that those three wins may not have come our way.

If the Board are not allowed to spend, then Chair, Willock and Field need to go in Jan and just hope we can bring in some others who will give their all. We cannot see £6m walk out door.....we must sell and reinvest.

Comment

Working...
                              X