Marti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
    I stand corrected about us going down because of reading and not Cardiff .

last season after 5/6 games I knew ga wasn’t the man for us .. However loosing to Oxford (pre season I know ) was it for me !!
    I knew we would be Bottom 3 by end of September with him .
    I knew we had a good team and I honestly believe we will get playoffs we only 11 points off it (with others loosing ) we will beat Plymouth and sheff wed . I fear no one now Marti is here . I’m sure we will spend in January
    I hope we have a big following at Sheffield I know it’s Xmas but going to be a massive game at this stage
    I posted on another thread that based on the last 5 years we would need to average 1.96 points per game to make the playoffs. Never going to happen. Leicester will probably be the only team close to achieving that total in their remaining games.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Critchley had an 8% win ratio and GA came in to pick up the pieces. He secured our championship survival by putting some spirit back into this deflated squad. Without a doubt we would have gone down under Critchley. Gareth will not go down as one of our best managers, but Im grateful for him securing our championship status even if others dont.
      During his 11 league matches in charge, Critchley secured 8 points. This is 0.73 points per game. Ainsworth was in charge for 13 matches and secured 11 points. This is 0.85 points per game. Hence, there was a small uplift in results, even though both Critchley and Ainsworths results were some of the worst through 100+ years of QPR history. But Critchley managed the club during one of our worst injury crisis ever. During Ainsworths time, most of the injured players returned. In light of this, I find it hard to agree that our results under Ainsworth improved. More to the contrary, his point per game ration this season was just 0.57, showing that we have been on a declining trend under Ainsworth.

It is indeed correct to claim that it was Beale that kept us up, not Ainsworth. In my world we did not stay up because of Ainsworth, but despite of Ainsworth.

If we are going to be complementary about one or two aspects of Ainsworths tenure, I would highlight these:

* We had no DOF during the summer, so I think Ainsworth was very involved in our recruitment. I think we made several astute signings, like Begovic, Cook, Cannon and Smyth in particular. Larkeche might also turn out to be a good one, and it is hard to say that Fox and Colback are failures. Both are decent. All in all, the recruitment under Ainsworth was better than under Beale, when we spent big money on the likes of Richards and Roberts.

* He ensured a good fitness level. This is now paying off in Marti's high intensity, high pressing game.

* Nobody questions Ainsworth love and commitment to QPR

For these three reasons, I will thank Ainsworth for his time with us.

However, the surprising thing is what we expected Ainsworth to be good at, like a well organised defence, good work ethics, lots of running and overall resilience, is better under Marti than Ainsworth. I don't list every thing else that is better under Marti - the list is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

During his 11 league matches in charge, Critchley secured 8 points. This is 0.73 points per game. Ainsworth was in charge for 13 matches and secured 11 points. This is 0.85 points per game. Hence, there was a small uplift in results, even though both Critchley and Ainsworths results were some of the worst through 100+ years of QPR history. But Critchley managed the club during one of our worst injury crisis ever. During Ainsworths time, most of the injured players returned. In light of this, I find it hard to agree that our results under Ainsworth improved. More to the contrary, his point per game ration this season was just 0.57, showing that we have been on a declining trend under Ainsworth.

It is indeed correct to claim that it was Beale that kept us up, not Ainsworth. In my world we did not stay up because of Ainsworth, but despite of Ainsworth.

If we are going to be complementary about one or two aspects of Ainsworths tenure, I would highlight these:

* We had no DOF during the summer, so I think Ainsworth was very involved in our recruitment. I think we made several astute signings, like Begovic, Cook, Cannon and Smyth in particular. Larkeche might also turn out to be a good one, and it is hard to say that Fox and Colback are failures. Both are decent. All in all, the recruitment under Ainsworth was better than under Beale, when we spent big money on the likes of Richards and Roberts.

* He ensured a good fitness level. This is now paying off in Marti's high intensity, high pressing game.

* Nobody questions Ainsworth love and commitment to QPR

For these three reasons, I will thank Ainsworth for his time with us.

However, the surprising thing is what we expected Ainsworth to be good at, like a well organised defence, good work ethics, lots of running and overall resilience, is better under Marti than Ainsworth. I don't list every thing else that is better under Marti - the list is too long.
        Yup, opinions can differ.

I would argue that Beale's departure caused the slump that Critchley and Ainsworth had to manage, ao Besle sint getting any praise from me. But as you say GA's win ratio last season was better than NCs. We'll never know if the injuries under Critchley were all genuine, but GA got them out of the treatment room and onto the pitch. Its possible that some of the player errors under GA were deliberate to get him sacked because he lost the squad? Who knows..?

But I thank Gareth for getting us over the line, but Beale and Critchley can #### off. But it was the right time for GA to leave because it wasnt working out this season.

MC is showing us hes bettee than NC and GA and im glad hes with us. Hopefully he'll stay at least till the end of next season.

I hope GA can find a way back into management. Hes a decent bloke.

Comment

Ainsworth is the worst manager we have had since I started going to games in 71.
          We have had some bad ones since then and Alan Mullery and Paul Hart were terrible but the football under Ainsworth was terrible. We sneaked the odd winsbut barely deserved them.
          I said at the time it was a bad appointment and before this season started I thought we would finish with the lowest ever points total because I believed Ainsworth was that useless. You could tell from the players faces and reactions when he brought that Maori in to do the Haka that they thought who is this freak .
          He seems like a decent bloke and done well for us as a player but I will be shocked if he gets many more manager jobs in professional football

Comment

I think GA was brought in as they felt they needed a motivator to get players geed up and us over the line. I think the players did try but he was the wrong manager with the wrong set of players for this playing style. He said he was capable of adapting but in the end didn't.

Am grateful for him taking on a horrible thankless job at a time when we needed someone and giving it 100% but just didn't work. As has been said player recruitment this season was very good for which he deserves a degree of credit but didn't yield better results. Marti right manager with right group of players.

GA did a great job at WW over a long period of time so expect him to get other opportunities but L1/L2. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yup, opinions can differ.

I would argue that Beale's departure caused the slump that Critchley and Ainsworth had to manage, ao Besle sint getting any praise from me. But as you say GA's win ratio last season was better than NCs. We'll never know if the injuries under Critchley were all genuine, but GA got them out of the treatment room and onto the pitch. Its possible that some of the player errors under GA were deliberate to get him sacked because he lost the squad? Who knows..?

But I thank Gareth for getting us over the line, but Beale and Critchley can #### off. But it was the right time for GA to leave because it wasnt working out this season.

MC is showing us hes bettee than NC and GA and im glad hes with us. Hopefully he'll stay at least till the end of next season.

I hope GA can find a way back into management. Hes a decent bloke.
              GA did not get us over the line, far from it, he put us there. There is a massive difference in GAs interpretation or rather manipulation of “staying up was a miraculous personal achievement”, which you have clearly bought hook line and sinker vs the actual reality. The evidence was already there, but this season confirmed it, he absolutely butchered our squad and team.

He dragged us into the relegation mix in the first place having taken over when 8 points clear and mid table. Had he played to the teams strengths last year rather than instructing the players to lump it, I’d wager we probably would of been well clear of the drop zone and playing similar to how we have been last few games. As someone else said we stayed up in spite of him, not because of him.

Comment

Working...
              X