Contract situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract situation

The impact of Marti and the recent results might completely change the dynamics of possible contract extensions. This might potentially be worth a lot to the club.

According to Transfermarkt, the contract of 14 players are up next summer. Out of these 14, some have just been fringe players. It is of limited interest now whether we will extend contracts or not. These include, as I see it, Archer, Walsh, Drewe, Duke-McKenna, Adomah and Kelman.

This leaves eight players that play regularly: Begovic, Dunne, Kakay, Field, Dozzell, Willock, Dixon-Bonner, Armstrong.

We have also some important players that have contracts running out in 2025. Ideally, these needs to be tied up to longer contracts sooner rather than later. As I see it, this includes Paal and Cook.

However, any options to extend for a year isn't mentioned in the Transfermarkt overview. We know, from news reports on the home page, that some players have such options inserted in their contracts. However, I do not know if the club is systematic when reporting this.

Out of those with contract running out next summer, we have such one year options for Dunne, Dozzell, Field and Armstrong, as those were mentioned when players signed or extended their contracts.

When Begovic, Dixon-Bonner and Kakay signed there we no such mentioning. We recently extended Willock's contract with one year, so this contract extension certainly runs out in 2024. Out of the contracts that run out in 2025, there were no mentioning of any option for an extra year when Paal and Cook signed.

Hence, of players that now play regularly, only the contracts of Willock, Dixon-Bonner, Kakay and Begovic end next summer.

One month ago I was certain that Willock would run down his contract and look for a new club next summer, leaving for nothing. The alternative would be to sell him in January for a tiny amount. I think the last few weeks have completely turned the Willock situation around. Marti is the perfect manager for a player like Willock, and Willock now plays with a smile on his face. I think there is now a real chance Willock will sign a new contract, rather than looking for a new club. I think this will be a very good solution both for QPR and Willock.

Dixon-Bonner has been a breath of fresh air after being introduced by Marti. He has a touch of Jude Bellingham to him, and I think he can go on to become a great player for us. Like Willock, he will benefit a lot from playing under Marti and I have good hopes we can extend his contract.

Kakay is a loyal servant and a very decent back up to Cannon. I am happy to see him stay, but it isn't of great importance. He is replaceable. Begovic is old and I would understand it if the club went for a younger option. Paal is becoming one our most important players. I think we should try to extend now. Cook is ageing and we have more time.

If Martis introduction means that Willock, Dixon-Bonner and Paal extend their contracts, this might potentially mean an awful lot to us vs seeing these leave for nothing.

Agree with most of your post but i think Willock will go because he will get a decent signing on fee as well as better wages elsewhere.
    I would love it if he signed a new contract

Comment

100% on all fronts there Oslo.

Harrow I think Willock's stock value was wound donw by both his own and the clubs attitude and performances, though it looks to be on the way back up.

There is a good chance he see's the value in staying on but also what you say could be on his mind, the agent and how much money he/she thinks can be be made will be a key factor here.

Comment

Dixon-Bonner and Armstrong. To get new contracts, they have to become regular starters.

Comment

Think out of the 14 out of contract, I think Field, Dozzell, Armstrong and Dixon-Bonner are the only ones I could see us extending.

Begovic has been alright, but we do need a younger keeper, I could see us going for a young keeper who can develop into a longer term asset for us.

I think with our FFP issues easing next summer, we will have some money to spend, so it will mean Marti can build hopefully a good squad next summer.

Comment

I do t think Willock will have many offers on the table won’t be non from the premiership
            and I can’t see many championship managers touching him because of his sulking and behaviour towards ainsworth
            his best option is to sign and stay on get his head down and get back to his best and earn a move

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
              Begovic has been alright, but we do need a younger keeper, I could see us going for a young keeper who can develop into a longer term asset for us.
              We have Walsh snd Mahoney.

Mahoney has 22 appearances at Swindon Town this season. Both are good enough to fight to for at least nos 2 next season. Ideally both will be nos 1 & 2 next season. Although I would expect Begs to sign a one year extension and release Archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                I do t think Willock will have many offers on the table won’t be non from the premiership
                and I can’t see many championship managers touching him because of his sulking and behaviour towards ainsworth
                his best option is to sign and stay on get his head down and get back to his best and earn a move
                Agree

Comment

Hard not to disagree with you, think if he does perform well between now and the end of the season then maybe we might see some offers come in for him.

Question is whether we accept a cut price offer for him in January or we let him run his contract down.

Comment

I also agree to this analysis. Add to this concerns about fitness (he was out for a long period of time and could not return to his previous himself).

If there is a good relationship between Marti and Willock, and Marti helps rediscover the best version of Willock, I think Willock will want to prolong. While he might not have many other offers now (I think no bids came in during the summer), Willock still has some negotiation power, as his contract nears the end. He can demand to insert a release clause connected to a bid of lets say £3-5m, in order to extend for another three years at same terms as today. It will be make sense for us to accept it.

Regarding the offer of a sign-on fee from another club: He may also get this from us. This will be linked to any release clause. The higher the release amount, the higher the sign-on fee and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                    X