They didn’t even consider Warnock and Gareth was gone weeks ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They didn’t even consider Warnock and Gareth was gone weeks ago

No way this quick decision - with a new manager brought in days after sacking Ainsworth - was all done since Saturday.

Clear from the timing and comments of the board that this has been lined up for a while and he was planned as the “successor” to Ainsworth.

Given this, seems obvious they were planning this before Saturday but decided to give the new manager Rotherham as a first game rather than Leicester, to give him a chance of starting with a win.

Very clear that with this approach they couldn’t have taken Warnock seriously at any point - they had a succession plan lined up and knew where they were going.

Sort of sad in one way, but at least means this has been thought through to some extent and they have some some homework. Let’s just pray they have spent longer thinking about this one than the last two appointments.

Warnock must of been a smoke screen
    as even sky sports broke the news stright away about warnock . A friend of a friend of a friend said last week that decision had been made to sacked Ainsworth on Saturday night and warnock was lined up for Monday he was definitely in the frame with this new fella
    the board always have opinions I think warnock been dropped again
    in all up for a new foreign manager but this should of been in the summer when we was still a championship team
    make no mistake this is a massive gamble his got to not just adapt to the championship his also got to get to grips that we don’t have time to make mistakes his got to hit the ground running it’s a big asked and gamble to throw him in to a relegation battle and the run we been on the last year .. warnock is bested suited for this .
    On the other foot this could be a absolute master stoke and we win the playoffs
    I would say we have to trust the board but they have lost all my trust

Either way we will all get behind him urrrssssss

Comment

Originally posted by NicRanger View Post
      No way this quick decision - with a new manager brought in days after sacking Ainsworth - was all done since Saturday.

Clear from the timing and comments of the board that this has been lined up for a while and he was planned as the “successor” to Ainsworth.

Given this, seems obvious they were planning this before Saturday but decided to give the new manager Rotherham as a first game rather than Leicester, to give him a chance of starting with a win.

Very clear that with this approach they couldn’t have taken Warnock seriously at any point - they had a succession plan lined up and knew where they were going.

Sort of sad in one way, but at least means this has been thought through to some extent and they have some some homework. Let’s just pray they have spent longer thinking about this one than the last two appointments.
      I think this is a very optimistic view of our Board

And if the players were aware change was afoot for so long, no wonder they were unsettled.

How certain is this change long term I wonder?

Comment

I assume Marti will have the data guys who will give him the run down on the Rotherham team. Formations and player traits etc. Otherwise, hes going into it a bit blind.....perhaps hes been on notice for a month and has been doing his championship homework in advance?

Comment

Let's hope he doesn't ask Paul Hall and Ramsey for advice. They are clueless. Hopefully he bins them off and brings in his own team.

Comment

Agree with the above, we need a clear out in the coaching department. I hope he has got his own team but I would have liked Warnock with him until the end of the season.

Comment

I couldn't see us getting anything at Rotherham before this weekend and nothing's changed. If the idea is to give the new guy an easy baptism I think the club have sorely miscalculated..... would have been better to have let him have the "free hit" against the Foxes where there was zero expectation of any success.
              Anyway, if the guy has been quietly sat in the background for a while hopefully he's had a butchers at the tapes and stats and has a sense of the disjointed mess he's taking on otherwise he's in for a BIG shock on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I couldn't see us getting anything at Rotherham before this weekend and nothing's changed. If the idea is to give the new guy an easy baptism I think the club have sorely miscalculated..... would have been better to have let him have the "free hit" against the Foxes where there was zero expectation of any success.
                Anyway, if the guy has been quietly sat in the background for a while hopefully he's had a butchers at the tapes and stats and has a sense of the disjointed mess he's taking on otherwise he's in for a BIG shock on Saturday.
                My thoughts exactly. Statistically we are absolute rubbish playing lowly teams around us.

Comment

He was close to getting job before so was on a list the board have of who they like.

Comment

Originally posted by NicRanger View Post

All makes sense to me.

Happened so fast there is no way this wasn't on the cards. Maybe Warnock was caretaker possibility for a short period but obvious Marti was planned.

Comment

I think a lot of us thought it would be Neil Warnock until the end of the season.

But maybe the board looked at how many players are going to be out of contract at end of the season and if they can see a plan going forward one or two may be convinced to sign new contracts.

Comment

Fwiw, Marti Cifuentes assistant Xavi Calm is coming with him to QPR.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Fwiw, Marti Cifuentes assistant Xavi Calm is coming with him to QPR.
                          He needs to be calm with us lot !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

He needs to be calm with us lot !!
                            I think so, yes. I agree.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X