Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman

He's 31 years old now and free. He was brilliant in his time at Loftus Road, even scoring some spectacular goals. Will bring him back, even on a short contract. He plays with confidence, shoot from distance and can help the others players raise their game. One of the reasons we are so poor is because the likes of Richards, Willock and to some extent Chair, are not contributing much. Ok, I know your answer ... it is GA fault and his style of play. Could be true. However, I believe that Luke will make a huge difference and he is there, waiting a call and could be affordable.

I agree although wages could be an issue as anything more than £5 per week seems a stretch at the moment.

We are crying out for some spark and he certainly has ability to provide that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      I agree although wages could be an issue as anything more than £5 per week seems a stretch at the moment.

Sack Richards im 54 today and ive got more hope of playing than that wage stealing layabout

Comment

If Richards has mental health issues and they sack him they would be taken to the cleaners. Frustrating though it is they need to be supportive of trying to help fix his head.

Comment

If Richards has mental health issues and they sack him they would be taken to the cleaners. Frustrating though it is they need to be supportive of trying to help fix his head.
          lads had a season and done sweet fk all medically retire him

every fan will of experienced a death stick him on the f kin bench and treat him same as willock

Comment

Rights and wrongs of it don't matter. Employees virtually untouchable these days.

Am glad I am self employed these days and do my own thing, having staff was a complete headache. For every decent one you would have at least one carp one and unless you wanted to end up in the brown stuff was very little you could do about it. Don't even get me started on snowflake generation.

Comment

New injection of cash just arrived from the stadium naming rights. Hes been without a club since the summer. Get him in till the end of the season and see what happens.

Money has just arrived to sack GA too. I think Warnock will be brought in as DoF and will work alongside GA.

Comment

A quick Google search of Luke Freeman bizarrely shows his current club as QPR... I liked him, I think he potentially could make a difference. Let's face it, we have to try a few relatively low risk options, simply maintaining the status quo will likely see us relegated before Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

New injection of cash just arrived from the stadium naming rights. Hes been without a club since the summer. Get him in till the end of the season and see what happens.

Money has just arrived to sack GA too. I think Warnock will be brought in as DoF and will work alongside GA.
                  Admire your optimism Sheep and hope you are right. However it could easily be that due to failure to sell players in summer club simply needs cash injection to stay within FFP.

As for Warnock would love to see him back although would have to be as manager. Difficult one. On one hand is just what we need but on other hand there are a lot of younger decent options out there for once that may be better long term bet.

Comment

Admire your optimism Sheep and hope you are right. However it could easily be that due to failure to sell players in summer club simply needs cash injection to stay within FFP.

As for Warnock would love to see him back although would have to be as manager. Difficult one. On one hand is just what we need but on other hand there are a lot of younger decent options out there for once that may be better long term bet.
                    Totally agree with you regarding better young managers than warnock but we don’t have the time for them to settle in . With warnock you guarantee survival in this league we get to the summer and we get someone to take us forward .
                    warnock himself says he only works november to may nowadays

he kept a awful Rotherham team in this league and a even worst Huddersfield team in this league . On paper our team is much better than both of them . A big arm around Willock and couple quid on a loan striker in jan we stay in this league

Comment

Just at the moment, its not an injection of cash we need, but an injection of income (for FFP there is a difference, I believe). The naming rights provide that income (cash too). Next year, the rash spending a couple of seasons ago drops out of the FFP reckoning. Presumably the naming rights is sufficient to tied us over for this season, and give us a bit of headroom, as well as easing the constraints in the next few years.

Whilst not a King's ransom, I cannot see it being a paltry sum.

Perhaps Sheep isn't being over optimistic. My view is that the owners caution this season was to keep us within the FFP limits, so the naming rights give us a bit of bunce to be modestly more flexible. Perhaps Warnock is in the fray plus one or two shrewd loans if he does come.

Which would be nice.

Oh, and that would give us an opportunity for a younger decent option that may be a better long term bet.

Comment

We're not having much luck or success with older players though, they seem to break down a lot. Makes me think that is the reason why a financially distressed team like us was able to pick-up Cook, Fox and Colback - nobody wants older worn out players cos modern football programme is too intense and grueling for them. Therefore I'd give Freeman a swerve.

That said, our youngsters are barely anymore robust, reckon we only have about 4 players who are up to the rigours of the game - the rest seem to need a rest or spell in treatment room after every hour of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Totally agree with you regarding better young managers than warnock but we don’t have the time for them to settle in . With warnock you guarantee survival in this league we get to the summer and we get someone to take us forward .
                          warnock himself says he only works november to may nowadays

he kept a awful Rotherham team in this league and a even worst Huddersfield team in this league . On paper our team is much better than both of them . A big arm around Willock and couple quid on a loan striker in jan we stay in this league
                          This is the right move.

Honestly i'd keep Gareth around to learn a thing or two, we're going to be paying him off anyway, he's not a douche, he's good guy, let's try and improve him. There's no reason GA can't be a Warnock-esque style of manager, he needs time with other heads teaching him.

As for Freeman, pointless unless we change the style of play, we have some attacking threat in the squad and it's not used.

Comment

I'd have Freeman all day long , drives forward , wants the ball and plays to win.

Comment

He'd need to be a FREEman for us to get him. We're polo mint

Comment

Working...
                              X