Stadium Naming Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    As long as the price for the naming rigths is on market terms it does not matter if it is a related party. So this is good news and it qualifies as income from a FFP point of view.

I agree that it puts rumours of a takeover to bed. I never trusted these rumours in the first place but I find it likely that the owners are looking to invite new minority owners onboard.
    Thanks, once again, Olso.

Comment

I wonder how much this would actually be worth to the club? My rough guess is that it would be around 1m-2m per season at most.

Comment

To me, this does not mean QPR will not get taken over. I can still see it happening.

Comment

Matrade is an external government agency owned by the Malaysian government. So effectively the Malaysian government has stuck a 3-year deal with QPR.

Matrade has been trading since 1993.
          The business is controlled by the Trade Department of the Malaysian government.

This could be good news.
          It would not surprise me if they bought a stake or buyout QPR.

Comment

Thank you for this utdate, New York. I was left to believe that Matrade was part owned by Ruben. If it is a state agency, I agree that this does not rule out a takeover. However, my best guess is that new owners might buy a stake, but that a takeover isn’t happening.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              At least this puts to bed the takeover rumours
              How? Not in any way shape or form is that true, if anything it's the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                I wonder how much this would actually be worth to the club? My rough guess is that it would be around 1m-2m per season at most.
                Less than half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

How? Not in any way shape or form is that true, if anything it's the opposite.
                  In business you don't remove avenue's of generating money for new owners to benefit from because they might have much bigger opportunities than our current owners and now they've tied us up for 3 years, so it certainly won't mean we have a potential sale any time soon. I think the way it was worded was just missing a boom.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

In business you don't remove avenue's of generating money for new owners to benefit from because they might have much bigger opportunities than our current owners and now they've tied us up for 3 years, so it certainly won't mean we have a potential sale any time soon. I think the way it was worded was just missing a boom.
                    Where to start.

Firstly, the club is on it's ar5e. Without this short term injection which some could say is to finance a pay off and hiring of a new management team (I don't know) or possible signings we could see ourselves in League one. What potential suitor would be interested then?

Secondly, what boom? Do you think any takeover of a football club happens in days or weeks?

Comment

How about renaming the players for extra dosh......Chair can have KFC on his back ?

Comment

I'd have chair generating extra Dosh with wimpy as his sponsor
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                          I'd have thought it would be allowed as income under FFP. After all, it is regular contractual income.

Anyone know?
                          Think it's completely okay as long as the deal passes the "sniff test". That is, if it's broadly in line with the going rate for a Championship club nobody pipes up moaning. However, if it's clearly ludicrous and would be far and away the biggest deal ever seen in the EFL we could be open to censure.

Personally, if I was in charge I'd have run it by The League first. Maybe the club did so?

Given how Man City carry on I think a club would really have to take the pee to get in trouble, sorta like Derby did in selling their own ground to themselves for £300,000,000 ie applying Mayfair value to Old Kent Road property.

Comment

Its fine.

See Stoke and the Bet365 stadium and owner of both Denise Coates.

Comment

24hrs later I'd say this was mostly about financing GA's severance package and the probability of having to offer the new incumbent an attractive and healthy remuneration and reward package for successfully rescuing our season.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorksky10 View Post
                                Matrade is an external government agency owned by the Malaysian government. So effectively the Malaysian government has stuck a 3-year deal with QPR.

Matrade has been trading since 1993.
                                The business is controlled by the Trade Department of the Malaysian government.

This could be good news.
                                It would not surprise me if they bought a stake or buyout QPR.
                                Thought it was new American owners .. we know who you are it’s boring now springbok

Comment

Working...
                                X