Stadium Naming Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Naming Rights

QPR is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with MATRADE to become the naming rights partner of Loftus Road Stadium. The three-year deal with the Malaysian agency - who QPR co-owner Ruben Gnanalingam also sits on the board of - will see the club’s stadium named MATRADE Loftus Road Stadium with immediate effect up to and including the 2025/26 season.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

How much is the renaming it worth.

Comment

At least this puts to bed the takeover rumours
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Been better of with samaritans stadium

Comment

IMG_0054.png Hopefully Ruben has found a sneaky way of pumping some cash into the club whilst avoiding FFP rules. He’s on their board!

Comment

Got improving our FFP situation all over this.

Comment

I'd have thought it would be allowed as income under FFP. After all, it is regular contractual income.

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                I'd have thought it would be allowed as income under FFP. After all, it is regular contractual income.

Anyone know?
                It would come under commericial revenue.

I really dont get this negative reaction, surely this is a good thing as it would mean we get some extra income.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

It would be allowed I think as its under commerical income, so yes it would be ok as far as im aware.
                  As long as it's a reasonable fee I would assume it does. Although we wouldn't get away with Ruben pumping silly money into the club under the guise of sponsorship.

Comment

The owners said at the club forum that there always looking for investors and want to be here long term so I think when we hear rumours of takeovers I think it could be an investor joining the board not a takeover

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Anyone know?
                      Hopefully Oslo will be along shortly to confirm.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Good business if it’s included in the FFP,the timings obviously right.Some changes are coming me thinks

Comment

I think it also puts to bed any plans to move to another stadium. I think we have the KP Comminity Stadium in part to.influence the council in future planning. That hasnt worked so good to see we've gone down a comnercial route.

The money will go towards income for FFP. I know there was a stink at Man City when their sponsirships were deemed over and above true value, so there was an FFP investigation.

Comment

Definitely a way to pump money in but not sure your allowed to do this from another company you own to then buy stadium naming rights to a stadium you own .. definitely dodgy and hope we don’t get looked into !!
                            however shows how skint we are to do this . Obviously money to get rid of Ainsworth and money left to buy in January if needed
                            absolute master stroke from Ruben and co

Comment

As long as the price for the naming rigths is on market terms it does not matter if it is a related party. So this is good news and it qualifies as income from a FFP point of view.

I agree that it puts rumours of a takeover to bed. I never trusted these rumours in the first place but I find it likely that the owners are looking to invite new minority owners onboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X