Eze - Which club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eze - Which club?

International break and not much happening, so...

Seen another article on Eze and Man City.

I don't see this happening. Reason being the style and range of Eze is superb, but is it elite level? The kind of level you build a team around? At our level absolutely, at Palace's level quite possibly, at Man City's? He's a lovely player to watch but I don't see him in a Pep team that demands so much versatility. He's a classic number 10 and I think from what I've seen thugh mercurial and talented, his ride has been in this number 10 like, central playmaker position and this could be what holds him back from the very top level as there's afew players just ahead of him.

I see less of players being bought to build teams around now, there needs to be a sqaud of adaptable, efficient players that compete for more than one position.

Thoughts? Could he make the step up?

It's very relevant to us of course as the payout would be immense.

Can't say I follow City closely but I feel pretty certain they have had a few slightly built playmakers, usually Spanish, down the years - they're not all big powerful workhorses. Eze isn't exactly weedy and isn't shy about working either and I'd say he has all the attributes of say, David Silva or Bernardo Silva.
    I don't think likes of Calvin Philips or Jack Grealish are technically good enough for City but Eze does have the necessary technical ability to do very well there. I think Eze surrounded by quality players would take his performance level up another level.
    Anyway, I think he has the character to play for Real Madrid or PSG so it's not just about City. This means his transfer fee could go up by dint of several clubs competing for his signature.

Comment

Can see eze going to spurs or man utd , on another note isn't Calvin Phillips the luckiest player in England ...

Comment

Working...
      X