????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ????

So we have a group of young men, paid good enough money, trainng all week in a state of the art facility, respected and all. What do they have to do in return? Once or maybe twice a week, they put on the Rangers shirt and give their all in 90 minutes of football. Forget about quality, just give the best you can. Is that such a big deal????

That what GA was brought in to do and they're not doing it so something is massively wrong. I'm not even blaming GA as the players should do it regardless but they're clearly not buying into the methods and unfortunately we can't sack the players so there's only one option.

Comment

I can't understand all this shouting about GA methods. If you have the ball at your feet, you should pass it to one in a hooped shirt. If a ball is passed in front of you in the penalty area, you just at least try and stop it or clear it. When under pressure in our area, a player should look who is free and get near to him. I mean, we all did that playing for fun. What that have to do with methods?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        I can't understand all this shouting about GA methods. If you have the ball at your feet, you should pass it to one in a hooped shirt. If a ball is passed in front of you in the penalty area, you just at least try and stop it or clear it. When under pressure in our area, a player should look who is free and get near to him. I mean, we all did that playing for fun. What that have to do with methods?
        You are talking about basic football knowledge but at professional level , you need to have plans and organise players defensively and attacking wise and each player has to know where to be and what to do with and without the ball and what positions and areas to be in . I don't believe Ainsworth and his coaches have the ability to do this and hence the situation the club is in . A good manager can get a poor team organised and therefore pick up results and move a team up the league. Managers like Warnock and Big Sam are good at doing this sort of thing , hence why they are often in demand when teams are doing badly. In my view both of them have negative styles and is the reason i believe we should go for a younger up and coming coach with good tactical knowledge that wants to play fast attacking football and build the club for the next few years , even if we still get relegated this year.

Comment

We lack the technical ability cross a stationary ball that's how poor we are

GA stuck with L1/2 players it's also a boardroom shambles along with poor players and a manager who beats his chest

Comment

Players have to take more responsibility , by 25 there wasn't anymore a coach could teach me .
            A Manger Can give them a game plan if they don't carry it out its not his fault.
            This lot lack heart , desire and a will to win Heads go down as soon as we go behind .
            Apart from field none of them go 100% , where's the desire to win the ball back .
            We came out in the 2nd half and took it to them , but we soon faded as we were to compact and in each others way .
            We lacked any width and when we did put any crosses in they were over hit , under hit and the Blackburn defenders wanted it more.
            We move the ball far to slowly allowing the opposition to get into their shape ..... There is so much wrong with this team and it all doesn't fall at ainsworths door

Comment

I find the 'they're paid this much and all they have to do is yada yada' incorrect. You could pay someone £500 or £500k a week it won't make them more talented. It won't make them run faster or longer, it won't give them a footballing brain.

These details, the training ground, the coaches; the training sessions, they're all hard work that has to be put in, it's not an easy job, especially when morale is low and your squad, your team mates are not performing and at each other (I'm playng quite a small violin here the sympathy is not massive).

Yes we expect the effort but this season bar the Blackburn game, i've seen effort on the pitch.

What we are missing is a setup, a cohesion oto the players that brings the best out of them. You can't get staff from Mcdonalds to work in a 3 star michelin restaurant, some might make it with the right training and guidance but others just don't have it. You could get that seame team together and get them cooking something though. The issue here is that the club and our gaffer don't understand what these players are good at and are forcing square pegs into round holes.

I think the signings of Cook, Fox, Colback and begovic were very good and correct to how GA wants us to play. Add Field, Dykes and Armstrong and there's some players already here ready to smash walls down. Around them are players that just can't do that, no matter how much money you pay them or how many sessions they get and the club needs to realise that.

Comment

Working...
              X