X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR & why ?

Interesting to know fellow R’s story’s how they started supporting Qpr
    i was born and bread in Shepherd’s Bush
    my dad and grandad was qpr so was drummed into at a young age my first experience I can remember going was when we beat West Ham at home believe it was 3-0 but we was already relegated (I could be wrong ) was West Ham or Everton we beat . Around 1995/6 maybe
    I got the bug and hate we are #### but it’s my ####

Born in Paddington lived in Willesden until 5yrs old moved to Peterborough but still got family in Queens Park

All our family were Rs fans and go to probably more away games than home.

Both my kids Rs fans at 26 and 29

It's in my blood and I wouldn't support anyone else if we went tips up as infuriating we are at times

Last game I watched with my dad before he passed away was play off final weirdly even down to 10 he said i fancy us to nick it 1-0 late on I wouldn't swap that feeling for anything

Comment

Brought up in Pembrokeshire and chose my team as a kid watching Qpr on the Big Match 75/76. I was a glory hunter!

Went to see the Rs in away games at Swansea & Cardiff as a teenager. First visit to HQ '92 after moving to Swindon.

Comment

Born in Paddington, first game aged 4, with a family friend (Big QPR fan) never looked back.
        Now aged 55 and living in Northampton, don’t go as much as I should.
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Born in Harlow, moved to Torquay at 3.

Thought QPR was my 'local' team (to London, guess Dad didn't have the heart to tell me) and thought Tony Roberts was God, the hoops just stuck.

Comment

My aunt and uncle lived in Bat man close behind the Springbok so my Grandad took me to a game at home to Portsmouth in 1971 then further games in the 70s. I started going regularly on my own 1976. Both my younger brothers are Rangers and all our kids apart from one of them . He's Spurs little ####er

Comment

Born in Willesden & lived at College Park & scrubs lane, my Dad was QPR & used to take me & been going since 1958 & will always be a supporter no matter how bad things are at present, used to go to Christopher Wren School & just round to corner from HQ, until we moved to Wembley & then changed Schools which I didn’t like,
              got 2 daughters & son, only one is a Rss fan that’s my Eldest daughter & other 2 are Palace fans & traitors

Comment

Born in Stebbing street, notting Hill 1956
                My dad and grandad and uncles were all qpr.
                took me to my first game when I was 7 we won 3-0.
                been in my blood ever since.

Comment

Grew up living next door to the Loft entrance. Worked as a tray boy in the ground. Marsh owes me for nicking a packet of Smith's crisps out of my tray !!

Comment

My cousins lived on the White City and one of them was a groundsman.Still have a ball signed by the 75/76 runners up team lol.My father use to take my brother then myself in the 78/79 season then came the plastic pitch.Think my first game was v Villa at home .Lost 2-1 and I’m sure Peter Withe scored.Followed by a 0-0 v chelsea .

Comment

I grew up in Hammersmith, all my family were either Fulham or Chelsea.

In March 69 aged 9 my late Chelsea supporting elder brother took me to see Ranger’s play Arbroath in a friendly at Loftus rd, I still don’t know why as Chelsea were playing Liverpool at Scumford Bridge the same day.

Often my dad would take me too evening matches at Chelsea or Fulham in the early 70’s, but it didn’t work.

54 years on and about a 1,000 games I still put up with our crappy little club, and I will to the day I die.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Saw QPR beat Sunderland 3-0 away on MOTD we got promoted as runners up, I was young and couldn’t understand why if we won and beat the cup holders that team wasn’t champions, the kit was cool and I lived in Kintbury Berks so not far away (i ended up playing for Kintbury as a kid - we won the 72/73 county cup - and years later a certain QPR striker did too)

Comment

Born in Battersea '66. At age nine a friend of the family took me to my first match - Chelsea vs Hull. I remember being more than a little bored, which is not surprising as it ended 0-0.

A couple of weeks later he dragged me to Loftus Road to see if I was any more enthused. Rangers 4 - 1 Coventry. Sold. Better kit too. Nearly crushed to death at the final Leeds game.

A year later we moved to Wandsworth and it was a simple 220 bus ride to Shepherd's Bush.

Used to see Rangers pretty much every home game and odd away days, but also a regular at Wimbledon in the Southern League days as my second team down the road - little did I suspect what was to come.

Living in North Essex now and just don't have the available time to get down anymore.

Good times, bad times. But never dull times.

Comment

my dads family lived next to the scrubs and qpr was the family team. we lived in a tiny village called beedon in berkshire ( not far from kintbury) in 1973 without warning my dad decided to take me with him to watch rangers play oxford united.
                            being from a small village i was astounded by the huge numbers of people heading in the same direction toward the ground as we walked from my grandparents home by the scrubs.
                            i remember being amazed by the size of terry venables legs. we were pushing for promotion and went up as runners up to burnley.
                            dad made me a box to stand on which was acceptable back then and we would be behind the goal at the school end then moved to the paddocks adjoining the school end
                            amazing times with gordon jago then dave sexton as manager. i thought that quality of football and the expectation that we would probably win no matter what was the norm......how wrong.....how terribly terribly wrong.
                            anyhoo stopped going 1978 due to girls and beer......untill.....out if the blue again 2014..this time my son who i did not know even like foitball....announced he is following qpr on some computer game......serendipity or just bad luck....his birthday was on dec 20th and rangers were at home to WBA his mothers family team....tickets purchased train caught. We go two nil down and things look less than optimum....stand up a young man from hungerford a small town just up the road from newbury where we live......a rare rangers hat trick later and 9 years on i am several season tickets down on the deal and we are sitting in the ellerslie road stand at the half way line and.......venturing to stadiums far and wide convinced this time it will be better........happy days.......urrs

Comment

Brought up in Thorpe bank W.12 now live in AdelaidW.12.-
                              I went to Ellerslie school one day in 1955/6 I walked up the old grass verge when the gate opened 15 minutes from time- Floodlight match. Ron Springet tin goal. I think it was the old London Challenge Cup. I think it was v Aldershot- not sure how they qualified for London.

I never looked back and my blood group is confirmed blue and white hoops though in those days we played in white shirts and dark shorts

Comment

Working...
                              X