4 year plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year plan

On sky tonight- relive the madness and the beginning of where we are now.

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    On sky tonight- relive the madness and the beginning of where we are now.
    We are where we are now because of Tony fernandes and redknapp and Hughes

Flávio was a better the devil you know type of owner .

we wouldn’t be in this mess with him still owner
    he didn’t settle for anything other than the best , promised and delivered

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

We are where we are now because of Tony fernandes and redknapp and Hughes

Flávio was a better the devil you know type of owner .

we wouldn’t be in this mess with him still owner
      he didn’t settle for anything other than the best , promised and delivered
      Could'nt agree more .
      Briatore actually got us to the Premier league .
      The problems started when Fernandes came in.

Comment

Problems startes when Flavio sold us so late that summer that we ended up scrapping the barrel and signed whatever we could at silly prices. SWP, Barton etc without relegation clauses because they had the upper hand. Every signing was a complete disaster.

But yeah...Fernandes should have just continued with the players that got us there and left these has-beens alone. Knee jerk signings throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Problems startes when Flavio sold us so late that summer that we ended up scrapping the barrel and signed whatever we could at silly prices. SWP, Barton etc without relegation clauses because they had the upper hand. Every signing was a complete disaster.

But yeah...Fernandes should have just continued with the players that got us there and left these has-beens alone. Knee jerk signings throughout.
          Quite right Sheep’s, just add Philip Beard and that’s hundreds of millions of pounds and Rangers future down the toilet.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

They weren't the best of times but let's face it, that was a decade or so ago now so I don't see it's any excuse for today. Look at the squads McClaren had and Warbuton had.... woefully underperformed. Obviously you can always say it was the owners who appointed those managers but I think there's been a systematic failure on the playing side, the operational side if you will, for at least 5 seasons. I have a feeling that the humble Gareth Ainsworth has qualities that the narcissistic few managers we had before him didn't have and he will stop the rot and get our club's heart beating again.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              They weren't the best of times but let's face it, that was a decade or so ago now so I don't see it's any excuse for today. Look at the squads McClaren had and Warbuton had.... woefully underperformed. Obviously you can always say it was the owners who appointed those managers but I think there's been a systematic failure on the playing side, the operational side if you will, for at least 5 seasons. I have a feeling that the humble Gareth Ainsworth has qualities that the narcissistic few managers we had before him didn't have and he will stop the rot and get our club's heart beating again.
              Huge losses and I believe a record sporting fine must be still affecting us.

I stand to be corrected, but didn’t we spend something like Ł250,000,000 trying to maintain our Premiership status.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

As I recall, Cash and Tango played brinkmanship with Tony delaying the change of ownership virtually until the new season started. Tony then went on a spending spree with his cheque book.

My view is that Warnock was swamped with egos which took him time to assimilate and control. That time ran out, and NW was history. Most fans, including me, regrettably, felt it was time to move on given the result we were getting, although, if my memory serves me correctly, we were mid-table?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  As I recall, Cash and Tango played brinkmanship with Tony delaying the change of ownership virtually until the new season started. Tony then went on a spending spree with his cheque book.

My view is that Warnock was swamped with egos which took him time to assimilate and control. That time ran out, and NW was history. Most fans, including me, regrettably, felt it was time to move on given the result we were getting, although, if my memory serves me correctly, we were mid-table?
                  I was gutted when we got rid of Warnock. I always felt that was an appalling decision - Colin did what so many before had failed to do, it was a remarkable achievement, I honestly felt he deserved at least one full season with us in the top flight, I love the club, but i really didn't like that decision.

Comment

When u look back over the past years we've had some right useless ####s at our club , on the pitch , in the dug out and especially in the boardroom.

Comment

I have a lot of time for Gareth and he clearly has improved the work ethic. I wished he had stayed at WW for his own sake. We recently signed a full back, who we needed but nowhere near as much as a striker. Martin would have been acceptable, although no longer available. If GA wasn't allowed to sign a striker, he should walk. If he WAS allowed but decided not to, then he should be sacked. A merciful release from this madhouse Gareth. Currently we are wandering towards the abyss. Good luck to GA's successor when the time arises.

Comment

Free FBs around but free CFs that can score goals arent. What GA needed we couldnt afford, so he bigged up what was available to him. He wouldnt have turned down a 15 goal striker would he.....

Cannon has to start on Sat....

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                          Free FBs around but free CFs that can score goals arent. What GA needed we couldnt afford, so he bigged up what was available to him. He wouldnt have turned down a 15 goal striker would he.....

Cannon has to start on Sat....
                          I think we should focus on increasing number of chances we create first. Need someone to play left midfield, replace Chair.

Hopefully Cannon will provide more "reliability" at full back, allowing Smyth to play further upfield.

Comment

However you wanna dress it up they done what they came to do, get us up and sell at an inflated (Premier league) price.

Just a shame we got bought by a f____g idiot who has ruined the club. His mate in charge now is no better.
                            And before anyone says 'They're keeping us afloat' so the should, they got us in this sh!t!!

Comment

When Ainsworth took the phone and was getting instructions on the subs etc from Flávio ..
                              would love Flávio back
                              gigi de canio too
                              but unfortunately we stuck with clowns upstairs and mr motivating man and his assistant a qpr fan who you would think won a raffle to be the assistant.
                              had enough of this regime

Comment

Working...
                              X