Snake bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
    I think he is a brilliant coach and manager, and a lot of our pain comes from this as well.

We all know the other side though, and maybe this is karma…
    As a Glasgow Rangers fan, what makes you think he's a brilliant coach and manager?

For me, his tactics has been terrible from the start, with no apparent strategy or plan. His signings have been overwhelmingly poor, his media interviews have been incoherent, or just plain embarrassing for the club and fans. He claimed he was happy without a DoF and he could do all the transfer work himself, with the support of the board. His messaging to the fans was constantly changing and he seemed to be either covering for his own inadequacies, or covering for the board. For example, he didn't say a word when the media said we were signing players for millions and offering large salaries for freebies, but as soon as the results turned, he said all the transfers fees reported were wildly incorrect.

The 3-0- win over Celtic when the league was already over gave him some time and some grace with the fans, but the wheels fell off astonishingly fast, and he's left Scotland with 99% of us happy with he's gone. It's not like there's a reasonable minority saying he should be given more time - nobody even suggested he should get until Xmas.

If Beale is a brilliant coach and manager, then what word do we use for Klopp or Pep or Clough?

Comment

Originally posted by rangerthetanger View Post

As a Glasgow Rangers fan, what makes you think he's a brilliant coach and manager?

For me, his tactics has been terrible from the start, with no apparent strategy or plan. His signings have been overwhelmingly poor, his media interviews have been incoherent, or just plain embarrassing for the club and fans. He claimed he was happy without a DoF and he could do all the transfer work himself, with the support of the board. His messaging to the fans was constantly changing and he seemed to be either covering for his own inadequacies, or covering for the board. For example, he didn't say a word when the media said we were signing players for millions and offering large salaries for freebies, but as soon as the results turned, he said all the transfers fees reported were wildly incorrect.

The 3-0- win over Celtic when the league was already over gave him some time and some grace with the fans, but the wheels fell off astonishingly fast, and he's left Scotland with 99% of us happy with he's gone. It's not like there's a reasonable minority saying he should be given more time - nobody even suggested he should get until Xmas.

If Beale is a brilliant coach and manager, then what word do we use for Klopp or Pep or Clough?
      Yep, sounds like the Mr Beale I recollect.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Yep, sounds like the Mr Beale I recollect.
        The only thing I could say in his defence is that our board have completely hung him out to dry. It has been obvious that he would be gone after 1 more poor result.
        It was made out that some crack executive team had been set up that were all working with Beale, and they had revolutionised the club over the summer, cleared out the deadwood from the boardroom, found millions to spend, were unearthing some great talents, and Beale was going to be some father-figure who was going to revitalise the whole squad.

The amount of players were were linked with that Beale had worked with at Chelseas was pretty incredible, and the number of people who came from nowhere to tell us how amazing he was was really quite bizarre. It all seemed really coordinated by the club or media to pump up his profile.

We seemed to be constantly linked with players who had a good spell a few years back or were highly touted as youths, so he was either working with the same list Gerrard was using 3 years back, or his plan was to try pick up superstars who had lost their way. Beale really sees himself as some sort of daddy or big brother to these lost souls, and it just came across as odd. But a club like Rangers need established pros if they are going to catch Celtic, but he seemed happy to tell us we were signing folk who were worth £40million a couple of seasons ago.

I think a lot of people were really convinced that he was some Svengali figure, but turned out to be a snake-oil salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerthetanger View Post

Personally believe lot of hype with him. He did a brilliant job for first two to three months and had us playing nice football and massively overachieving. However finished on four straight defeats (possibly due partly to his imminent departure) and we never got to see if he had the ability to pull us out of a slump. With the benefit of hindsight his summer recruitment was poor and did not address crucial issues with the squad. Given that and his under performance north of the border my view is he is unproven and the manner of his leaving us will make some teams wary of appointing him. I agree with another poster though and suspect he will get another crack at a Championship job.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Can see him going off to the desert to Gerrards team
            This was also my immediate thought when I read that he was sacked. Gerrard will be happy to have him back as his assistant and Beale will probably earn 5 to 10 times as much as an assistant in Saudi Arabia as a Championship manager.

It won't be a good career move but money talks I suppose. I am happy as long as I do not see him in the opponents dugout.

Comment

No schadenfreude from me but I remember at the time when Stevie G declared him the best .I had never heard of hIm
              The bookies then installed him as favourite for us and our board jumped on the bandwagon as if they had known all along
              I can t predict where he will end up,

Comment

It's the hype around him, I could never understand.
                Yes he had us playing good, exciting football for a few months but when the wheels fell off, he did not seem to have any plan at all to address the slide.
                His last game at Coventry was a complete shambles.
                I suspect he will pop up next either in Saudi or somewhere in the championship like Sheff Wed.

Comment

The brains behind Gerrard - my @rse!!

Comment

Beale left us too early. Make your mistakes at lower level under less pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X