Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field

Has 5 yellows now of which one was the league cup. Is he now suspended for Coventry. Tried to find the rules and it’s a bit confusing re Red’/Yellow cards

Not sure either anyone know when his contract expires hope it’s not end of this season, hope they offer him a new one way before it’s due.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneezey View Post
      Not sure either anyone know when his contract expires hope it’s not end of this season, hope they offer him a new one way before it’s due.
      Expired next summer without an option to extend.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sam-...spieler/387331

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
        Has 5 yellows now of which one was the league cup. Is he now suspended for Coventry. Tried to find the rules and it’s a bit confusing re Red’/Yellow cards
        • Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.
        • Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.
        • Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.
        • Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

Comment

They might have to come up with new rules for when Sam tots up yellow number 30 around Easter time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneezey View Post
            They need to tie him down and make him captain,

Comment

So is he suspended for the Coventry game?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Expire next summer without an option to extend.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sam-...spieler/387331
                We hold an option for a one year extension, so effectively Field is contracted to 2025:

QPR FC | Sam Field joins QPR from West Brom permanently

Comment

I cannot understand why we keep giving three years contracts instead of four with a one year extension. I believe that three years is not secure enough. In the first year, a player mostly struggle in a new club. The second a player starts to settle and by the third year, if he is good enough, his qualities will shine. But than its his last year ... oops.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We hold an option for a one year extension, so effectively Field is contracted to 2025:

QPR FC | Sam Field joins QPR from West Brom permanently
                    Brilliant new, thanks
                    Unusual for TM not to include this.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      I cannot understand why we keep giving three years contracts instead of four with a one year extension. I believe that three years is not secure enough. In the first year, a player mostly struggle in a new club. The second a player starts to settle and by the third year, if he is good enough, his qualities will shine. But than its his last year ... oops.
                      its not that long ago that everyone was slating the club for handing out long contracts

3 years with an extension is fine - too short if the player is good too long if the player is cr*p

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

its not that long ago that everyone was slating the club for handing out long contracts

3 years with an extension is fine - too short if the player is good too long if the player is cr*p
                        It is not fine. You may have a Niko or Shodipo, granted. But they did not cost much. But than you may have BOS, Manning, Willock, Field that may contribute nothing back financially in return at the end of their contracts. Its a risk that the club cannot continue to take. Other astute clubs give even longer deals these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          The length of the contract is a fine balance between risk and reward. I suppose you are happy we didn't give 5 year contracts to Tyler Richards (15k/w), Steffen Johansen (18k/w), Macauley Bonne, Conor Washington, Todd Kane, Joel Lynch, Niko Hämälainen, Marco Ramkilde, George Thomas, Tom Carroll, David Wheeler to name a few.

In hindsight, everyone would like successful players to have longer contracts, but it isn't always easy to point out who will succeed the most at time of signing. I think a policy of 3+1 is pretty balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

The length of the contract is a fine balance between risk and reward. I suppose you are happy we didn't give 5 year contracts to Tyler Richards (15k/w), Steffen Johansen (18k/w), Macauley Bonne, Conor Washington, Todd Kane, Joel Lynch, Niko Hämälainen, Marco Ramkilde, George Thomas, Tom Carroll, David Wheeler to name a few.

In hindsight, everyone would like successful players to have longer contracts, but it isn't always easy to point out who will succeed the most at time of signing. I think a policy of 3+1 is pretty balanced.

Why would you give a 5 year contract to a 32 year Stefan? Most of the players you mentioned were signed by the club because of the situation it is in or was. Everyone can see a prospect. Eze started brilliantly with us and we all know how that benefits the club. SA is another prospect and he's in a last year with an additional year option. Willock will agree with a foreign club in January and leave for nothing. Field will do the same. Smyth offered only a 2 year deal, so in summer he will have 1 year remaining. I know it is a tight situation, but one player out of five that is successful will make up for other misfits.

Comment

All I asked was whether Field is suspended for the Coventry game and we’ve gone on a massive tangent re his contract - lol

Comment

Working...
                              X