New right back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New right back

WLS are reporting that we are set to sign an American defender released by Boavista after wages dispute. He's 25 years old.

Reggie Cannon.
    He looks interesting.

Comment

Ha ha, we’re more likely to sign Tommy Cannon!!! Rick on Tommy!!!

Comment

Reading up further on him.

Hes been capped 28 times by the US, who have the likes of Matt Turner, Weston McKennie, Christain Pullisic, Timothy Weah in their squad just to name a few, for someone who is only 25, that is excellent.

There were a lot of other clubs keen on him, including Nottingham Forest.

To get him snapped up on a free transfer is an excellent signing.

Comment

That video does seem to show him diving into tackles a lot. Hope that works out for him.

Comment

From the bits I watched him play, he may actually be one of the best signings of the last decade.

Comment

If he left in a wages dispute, can we meet his demands?

Whatever they might be.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                Ha ha, we’re more likely to sign Tommy Cannon!!! Rick on Tommy!!!
                He is expected to train with his new team-mates for the first time on Thursday.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...cannon-signing

That would be an amazing capture if it happens,

Comment

I like the MLS, the attitude is different to other leagues, I mean it's very American, lots of running, shouting, puffing out chests. The talent isn't always there but the effort is. Good American players are an excellent asset and I'm surprised we don't see more at our level, could be money.

Great signing if we can get him. We're more attractive than Reading surely.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    I like the MLS, the attitude is different to other leagues, I mean it's very American, lots of running, shouting, puffing out chests. The talent isn't always there but the effort is. Good American players are an excellent asset and I'm surprised we don't see more at our level, could be money.

MLS is a lot of fun to watch.
                    Its like combining Sunday league with a tiny dash of premiere league.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

A player with a wages dispute on his CV joining Reading, a club that routinely gets points deductions for not paying players on time, like a car-crash in waiting...... A weird part of me almost wouldn't mind him going there just so I can sit back watching the pooh hitting the fan!

Comment

I understand from unofficial sources that he has now signed a four year contract. I do not know anything about Reggie Cannon. This might be our best signing ever or it might be a new Niko Hämälainen. Like Cannon, Niko had international matches on the highest level, in his case for Finland. I watched him play well for Finland against France before we signed a new four year contract.

I noticed that Cannon lost his place in the US squad prior to the World Cup. He has played almost 100 matches for Boavista, but only contributed with one assist. He has been available for some time with no other clubs picking him up. Effectively, Boavista has terminated his contract by not paying him as agreed. While I hope this is a smashing signing, I think we shall wait and see. Fingers crossed!

Comment

LFW member saying the deal has fallen through, he is going to Arsenal.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...668/page:4/#82

anyone got an update?
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                            LFW member saying the deal has fallen through, he is going to Arsenal.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...668/page:4/#82

anyone got an update?
                            Must be a wind-up. He isn't top PL material. If he was, Boavista wouldn't allow his contract to be terminated by not paying the agreed salary. If he was good enough for the PL, they would rather honour their commitment and put him up for sale, so they could cash in. If there is another club with a better offer turning up in the last hour, it isn't Arsenal. It would more likely be another Championships club.

I have absolutely no knowledge about Cannon or the deal, but it isn't uncommon for deals to take a few extra days to be fully sorted, so I wouldn't worry too much because of a delay in announcing the signing. That said, 80% of Championship clubs can pay more than we do, so there are certainly better offers around if he is a very good right back.

Edit: Just noticed the post at LFW was written by EastR. He is a serious poster, so I might be mistaken.

Comment

Think you will find it's a play on words, Cannon & Arsenal all weapon related.
                              C.b.s have a piece on their website about cannon signing for us,be surprised a big firm like them would be wrong
                              ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X