Gareth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gareth

The after match interviews. Does seem like whatever the result or how we play he always comes out with an extremely positive outlook. I probably come across as fairly pessimistic and I get the need for building the players confidence but he does seem very close to being deluded. I'm delighted with the signings and I think he's done really well but we still have too many players that just aren't up to championship football. It's good that he mentioned Willock is one of the best players in the league because that shows he knows what he is looking at but I just hope he knows how to cope when things aren't going well because I don't see wearing the rose tinted glasses as the way forward. I'm not talking about Ipswich because clearly we played well but he always talks positives.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

I agree with you. We’ve fast become ‘expect to lose, hope to win but we’ll try our best’. A kind of losing mentality. I hope the likes of Cook, Colback and Begovic sort that out.

Being unlucky losers all of the time is not a good thing.

We’ve played 4 games and only scored in 1, those are the painful facts.

Armstrong and Dykes are injured - we have no back up strikers, those are the painful facts.

It’s gonna be a difficult season in my view

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      The after match interviews. Does seem like whatever the result or how we play he always comes out with an extremely positive outlook. I probably come across as fairly pessimistic and I get the need for building the players confidence but he does seem very close to being deluded. I'm delighted with the signings and I think he's done really well but we still have too many players that just aren't up to championship football. It's good that he mentioned Willock is one of the best players in the league because that shows he knows what he is looking at but I just hope he knows how to cope when things aren't going well because I don't see wearing the rose tinted glasses as the way forward. I'm not talking about Ipswich because clearly we played well but he always talks positives.
      I think Ainsworth is trying to convince himself that we will be good this year but people in the football world know and the bookies are very rarely wrong , we are going to struggle to stay up this year unless we sign at least 3 more players with ability.

Comment

Think it could go either way for Gareth , if we are bottom 3 after 10 games I think he'll be gone .
        I enjoyed Saturday bcos I saw my rangers put in a shift . Game could of gone either way .
        Of course in interviews he's going to waffle , tell fans wat they want to hear and dress/ big us up .
        I don't watch them myself

Comment

if he got his hair cut i might start watching the interviews

Comment

Can't expect him to say anything else, apart from trying to keep supporters on side he's also trying to instill confidence into the players. Doesn't matter, only thing that matters is results as always. Can't blame him for doing his job though.

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
              if he got his hair cut i might start watching the interviews
              Hairism has no place in today's society.

Comment

You'd think his mates would pull him up about his barnet

Comment

Thought we played well,very unlucky.Good to see the players passing again.If we get a couple in ,no way barring unlucky injuries that we seem to get all the time we won’t be bottom .Barring the first 15,where the middle did not get tight and let Ipswich play we did all right up to Armstrong and Field going off.Then we looked tired and the inevitable happened.If we can get a team that can last the whole game I think we will be better than some think.Hopefully he’s woken up to not playing the long ball rubbish.

Comment

my problem with Gareths post match interviews is they seem very formulaic almost robotic - with sound bites and pre rehearsed lines - regardless of the results

Comment

He's always going to pick positives if he can, close game, could have gone either way.

I'm happy he's praising young players such as Armstrong, Kolli and Aoraha.

Comment

Working...
                      X