New style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    We haven't got the personnel to play wing-backs, it's a complete non-starter. I broadly support Kakay, he's a good lad, but his football "radar" is shocking and he can barely cope with being a bog-standard right-back. Asking him to defend AND attack as necessary would be suicidal. Uncs cannot defend for toffee so he's out of the equation. I don't think Paal is the most solid full-back but he's adequate. However, I suspect asking him to be a wing-back would severely compromise his shaky defending ability.

There's no reason why a full-back can't occasionally overlap and get forward - deploying full-backs is not being cautious or negative.

4 at the back with each man concentrating on their own defensive role should be the limit of this squad's ambition.
    Completely disagree with you mate. I actually think the wing back does less defending than a full back, which is why it would suit us. The reason being you have the outside centre half also covering, which would be a huge help to Kakay and Paal. Yes, they have to get up and down but full backs do that nowadays anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X