Clear All

• Dunne, JCS, Colback all out …

What would you do?

Field at centre back?

Then pack the midfield?

And pray for a draw?

Knicker or sock?

Comment

Pack the midfield with what? If Field is in defence that leaves Dozzell in the centre. Think we have to pray we get someone in and Fox can manage to play. If we can't get anyone then Fox and Gubbins which should make for some happy hornets!

Comment

Fox played in that “development game” yesterday so I’m guessing he’ll start Saturday.

Team will look something along the lines of I’d imagine…

Begovic
        Kakay Gubbins Fox Paal
        Field Dozell Richards
        Willock Dykes Chair

Let’s hope Richards, Willock & Chair come out of hibernation and we can somehow keep it tight at the back….

Comment

Be nice of Richards didn't bottle a tackle and put his foot in. The first thing you need to be in the championship is physical. Its not netball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Knicker or sock?

Comment

Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post
              Fox played in that “development game” yesterday so I’m guessing he’ll start Saturday.

Team will look something along the lines of I’d imagine…

Begovic
              Kakay Gubbins Fox Paal
              Field Dozell Richards
              Willock Dykes Chair

Let’s hope Richards, Willock & Chair come out of hibernation and we can somehow keep it tight at the back….
              Think I read somewhere that Fox will be given another game to get up to fitness after not training for a few weeks. So maybe Kakay in the centre?

Comment

Trent Rendall did ok

Comment

Can't take field from midfield

rather pedder got the nod over dozzell I'm midfield

Randall got #### ripped by Oxford so Watford will have a field day

The positives are we seem to do ok v Watford but this squads light in far too many positions at present

Comment

Field, Dozzell and Richards will screen the defence nicely, full-backs can tuck in, we'll be very solid indeed. However, the main thing to remember is that Asmir is bleeding enormous - you cannot see any of the goal when he's there, he doesn't have to dive, or even move, to make a save. A clean-sheet is virtually a given. We only need to focus on how many we score up t'other end.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Field, Dozzell and Richards will screen the defence nicely, full-backs can tuck in, we'll be very solid indeed. However, the main thing to remember is that Asmir is bleeding enormous - you cannot see any of the goal when he's there, he doesn't have to dive, or even move, to make a save. A clean-sheet is virtually a given. We only need to focus on how many we score up t'other end.

please can I have some of the pills you’re taking.
                      Admire your frivolity

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Richards don’t have no defensive in him
                        his an attacking midfielder. May as well play with 10 men then have him defend.
                        his got to play behind dykes and he will score double figures easy this season his fit and ready

Comment

Dunne's injury doesnt look too serious

"We are working really hard to get Jimmy back. He is a key player and a great character, we will see how he is over the next few days.”

https://the72.co.uk/2023/08/03/ainsw...atford-opener/

Comment

Cant believe Ainsworth has put us in this position

season is just 2 days away

dunne our only available centre half gets injured and day 1 we are having an injury crisis

on top of us not having any strikers available (i include Dykes asin my eyes hes not a striker hes just a bystander)

with the crock of mess GA has available

hes got to go

Begovic
                            Drewe Kakay Fox Paal
                            Field Dozzell
                            Chair Richards Willock
                            Dykes

we manage to get anything from this will be a miracle Watford are a thousand times superior than Oxford

In my opinion we will get a result if we keep it under 5-0

Comment

ive a feeling though he may go Adomah ahead of Richards and move Chair more central with Adomah going to the right side

i like Randall though so hopefully he gets a chance at some point if not in the league in the upcoming game in cup versus Norwich?

Comment

Working...
                              X