Chairs position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chairs position

Since Ainsworth has come in Chair seems to have been anchored to one of the wings and told to stay out wide.

He needs to play in the No 10 role that Richards and then Kelman played in at Oxford or at the very least be given more freedom to roam.

He is the only player we have who can link several passes together and get us playing some decent football. We also look a much better team when Chair and Willock can link up.

The team move v Wimbledon that is on social media involved Chair on 5 separate occasions. On Saturday we couldn't string two passes together.

I’m not shocked at Ainsworth playing him there . Everything is a shambles Atm
    How can we as fans all be wrong and Ainsworth right? I’ve never felt like this going into a season

Comment

I really think we need to try him as an 8 , field dozzell and rumoured colback are not knowing for passing ability , we need someone in midfield who can create !

Comment

Chair is ok but too selfish as a number 10.

In a different squad he'd be well suited to the left side of a front 3.

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to setup like that.

I can see why GA has him there. He's not a fan of the number 10 role anyway i think and Willock is a better player, if he shows up.

If we can find a way for midfield to function with 3, with 4 at the back, a front 3 of Chair / Armstrong or Dykes / willock would be pretty handy IMO.

Field could handle centre of the park but he'd need ALOT of help around him and we just don't have that.

Comment

Think oppo work chair out quite quickly , he holds on to the ball to long and runs into blind alleys .
          Willock who didn't want to engage or help in the 2nd half of last season could help him if he played closer and was up for it .

Comment

What formation are we actually playing then? Because against Wimbledon it looked like a 4-2-3-1 to me and usually with that formation you don't have out and out wingers.

Comment

It looked like a 4-2-3-1 v Oxford but with Chair and Willock playing very wide in the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                It looked like a 4-2-3-1 v Oxford but with Chair and Willock playing very wide in the 3.
                Ridiculous that, surely that formation is much more effective if it is narrower with the players we have at our disposal. GA keeps talking about crosses into the box but it would be better if those crosses came from the fullbacks and while Dykes would be the target, the 3 behind would feed off any knock downs or scraps.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  Think oppo work chair out quite quickly , he holds on to the ball to long and runs into blind alleys .
                  Willock who didn't want to engage or help in the 2nd half of last season could help him if he played closer and was up for it .
                  With still one year left on his contract do you think Willock will be interested this season? He did FA in the Oxford game.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

Ridiculous that, surely that formation is much more effective if it is narrower with the players we have at our disposal. GA keeps talking about crosses into the box but it would be better if those crosses came from the fullbacks and while Dykes would be the target, the 3 behind would feed off any knock downs or scraps.
                    Crosses into the bow is 532 and 442, crosses into the box only count for anything with 2 strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Crosses into the bow is 532 and 442, crosses into the box only count for anything with 2 strikers.
                      Totally agree with you, using Chair and Willock wide to cross the ball will amount to not many goals, play down the middle to Chair, Willock and Richards strengths, mix it up with some crossing from the full backs now and again

Comment

Think the lad is massively overrated personally. Of course he has his good games and spells, but him being anonymous is far more common and his numbers aren't great. I guess playing for a team who's getting beat week in, week out doesn't help but he's hardly flourished while we've been poor.

Don't get me wrong he has ability but I don't think he has the consistency in his game, maybe that will come but I'm not so sure. I think he'd be suited to a top team in an average league. For example if he moved to Celtic or Rangers, I think his numbers would improve drastically.

Saying all the above, he could play left back against Oxford and should still tear them a new one. The fact he didn't, nor our other players speaks volumes. Maybe the likes of Chair and Willock are pinning their hopes on a move this month and don't fancy picking up an injury to scupper any move?

Comment

I think Chair's statistics are pretty decent. He has scored or assisted in 14 goals in each of the last two seasons. Surely thats worth £5m if we're forced to sell for FFP or to balance the squad out a bit?

Comment

Definitely worth £5m but I still think he's overrated. Don't agree his numbers are good either. 14 goals or assists is average in my book for a player in his position, taking set pieces etc. Maybe I'm being harsh but I expect more from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                              Definitely worth £5m but I still think he's overrated. Don't agree his numbers are good either. 14 goals or assists is average in my book for a player in his position, taking set pieces etc. Maybe I'm being harsh but I expect more from him.
                              Perhaps youre right......he certainly tends to lose possession too much. Perhaps his assists would improve in a better team?

One fact is certain, teams are in no rush to sign him or Willock.

Comment

Working...
                              X