New players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New players

One understand the financial situation of the club. Something must be done quickly. As things stand, we will be relegated. I think the club should start releasing some of the players that will never make it to the first team and the wages gained will be re-invested in new players. By staying still will not solve problems.

Malta, you cannot simply release players under contract. They have to be bought out and it will likely not free up more than peanuts.

Our hope is connected to serious player sales (Chair and Field) or sale of Eze by Palace.

Comment

Some of the players under contract beggar belief those who think they cut the mustard need a reality check

Recruitment for far to long has been diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
        Some of the players under contract beggar belief those who think they cut the mustard need a reality check

Recruitment for far to long has been diabolical
        Agree about recruitment. Bigger issue for me, fresh contracts at 21 for players clearly not going to make it.

Kelman, Gubbins, Drewe, Duke-McKenna, Kargbo. Should have been released this summer.

Comment

We are jinxed as a club. Apart from the new training ground we have literally nothing to be positive about. Shocking recruitment, league 1 manager, no money apparently, contracts given out to sicknotes and non league standard squad players, owner who wants out and yet we have the most loyal and passionate fan base most clubs envy. Shame the people wearing the shirt aren't as committed and determined as the people who turn up and get behind a team who let's be honest are just not good enough.

Comment

Football can be really ugly .
            SO much wrong at QPR , I won't coat ainsworth because he comes across as a decent , honest fella who can only work within the budget the club give him .
            Players that go through the motions each week because their heart isn't in it need to be dropped regardless of how good they are
            All we can ask is a team that put in 100% every game . It's going to be a slog this season but the moaning before a ball is even kicked ... Come on .

Comment

The moment we brought in GA i knew we were bang in trouble if i could turn back time i would have kept hold of Critchley

and with him i think we would have had a chance of mid table

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
                The moment we brought in GA i knew we were bang in trouble if i could turn back time i would have kept hold of Critchley

and with him i think we would have had a chance of mid table
                Season only starts tomorrow so give him a chance first for Christ sake, come back after 10 games

Comment

No point releasing them as clubs can name 9 subs this season and bring on 5 of them.

Comment

As much as I don't really think GA is up to.this level, you have to feel for him at the moment. No money, can't even give a decent deal to free agents and not been able to get any decent replacements for the guys who have left. He's already doing the job with one arm tied behind his back!

Really hope he keeps his positive attitude up as the minute he loses that he will be a dead man walking. We are seriously in big trouble already. Im hoping we get a couple of cracking loans in or its going to be a long slow death for us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      As much as I don't really think GA is up to.this level, you have to feel for him at the moment. No money, can't even give a decent deal to free agents and not been able to get any decent replacements for the guys who have left. He's already doing the job with one arm tied behind his back!

Really hope he keeps his positive attitude up as the minute he loses that he will be a dead man walking. We are seriously in big trouble already. Im hoping we get a couple of cracking loans in or its going to be a long slow death for us this year.
                      This is so correct, GA has one fit centre back who I'm not even sure has ever played a Championship game before (not sure?), we have a fairly decent 7 or 8 players but not a single decent bench option, the league are clamping down on game management (our one last hope). I'm hoping to be prooved wrong but we do seem unequiped for the coming season. The transfer window is still open though so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

This is so correct, GA has one fit centre back who I'm not even sure has ever played a Championship game before (not sure?), we have a fairly decent 7 or 8 players but not a single decent bench option, the league are clamping down on game management (our one last hope). I'm hoping to be prooved wrong but we do seem unequiped for the coming season. The transfer window is still open though so fingers crossed.
                        We know which players arent in Prem squads and eventually these clubs will be looking to cover some of their wages through loans to the championship.

There may be more players available soon than there are championship clubs with gaps in their squads. Loan feed will surely become more affordable towards the end of the transfer windows. FFS, we should be charging these clubs for giving their players game time experience.

Comment

If we cannot pay a transfer fee, the club can use certain players from the many we have to balance out. Some players will not make it, however they may be good enough for Div 1 or 2. We can negotiate by give two players instead of paying a £300,000 fee. It's win win. Ok, I know it is not easy, however, bigger clubs do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X