No announcement yet.

New Investment Being Sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can understand their interest when Man Utd have just signed a 10yr £900m sponsorship deal with Adidas.

Comment

The big difference with Wrexham is that Ryan Reynolds is an A list Hollywood star and has bought into Wrexham at a time when fly on the wall sports documentaries are a big thing. Add in the romance of taking little Wrexham on a journey up the leagues and the genius way they have implemented it is a very different set of circumstances. Yes we had some rich well known people but they had nothing remotely approaching the box office appeal of Reynolds and his mates. I remember we did try and make inroads into the Asian market but our flop performance wise and that of our couple of Asian players killed that before it got started.

On a more positive note taking a little London club back to the big league also has a pull to it so I am sure there will be some interest.

Ignoring the current on pitch predicament we need a new ground long term and I can see us needing upwards of £200m. It cost Brighton circa £130m I believe and they took a lease from the Council for the land the ground is built on. Add in cost of land etc and you can see what a huge undertaking it is. That was entirely funded by Bloom. They were looking to borrow I think £20m+ from one of the main banks but they pulled out at the last minute and Bloom just put more money in. Shame he wasn't an Rs fan! If Loftus Road is turned into housing that would get some money back in. Sorry to harp on about Brighton but when they bought the land for their training ground they have since built and are continuing to build housing on the land surrounding the training complex. No idea of sums involved but it will be many millions.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        The big difference with Wrexham is that Ryan Reynolds is an A list Hollywood star and has bought into Wrexham at a time when fly on the wall sports documentaries are a big thing. Add in the romance of taking little Wrexham on a journey up the leagues and the genius way they have implemented it is a very different set of circumstances. Yes we had some rich well known people but they had nothing remotely approaching the box office appeal of Reynolds and his mates. I remember we did try and make inroads into the Asian market but our flop performance wise and that of our couple of Asian players killed that before it got started.

On a more positive note taking a little London club back to the big league also has a pull to it so I am sure there will be some interest.

Ignoring the current on pitch predicament we need a new ground long term and I can see us needing upwards of £200m. It cost Brighton circa £130m I believe and they took a lease from the Council for the land the ground is built on. Add in cost of land etc and you can see what a huge undertaking it is. That was entirely funded by Bloom. They were looking to borrow I think £20m+ from one of the main banks but they pulled out at the last minute and Bloom just put more money in. Shame he wasn't an Rs fan! If Loftus Road is turned into housing that would get some money back in. Sorry to harp on about Brighton but when they bought the land for their training ground they have since built and are continuing to build housing on the land surrounding the training complex. No idea of sums involved but it will be many millions.
        I dont think HQ can be used for housing due to a covenant on it that it must be used for social / recreational purposes. We have tried to get the covenant removed without success.

I think we're more likely to build a new stadium on the remaining Heston land. I think the council have daud theyre not in the habut of giving land away cheap to billionaires. We'd have to buy the LC Stadium outright at market rates to build there. Hence why I think Heston will be our next home!!

Comment

So Heston could become another bus stop in Hounslow
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I dont think HQ can be used for housing due to a covenant on it that it must be used for social / recreational purposes. We have tried to get the covenant removed without success.

I think we're more likely to build a new stadium on the remaining Heston land. I think the council have daud theyre not in the habut of giving land away cheap to billionaires. We'd have to buy the LC Stadium outright at market rates to build there. Hence why I think Heston will be our next home!!
            I could see that happening, problem is where would you build the new stadium on the existing site given you have pitches everywhere.

Maybe we might have to go to being a Cat 4 academy, which would mean less pitches are required as its only from U17 upwards.

15k capacity perhaps?

But I do like your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I could see that happening, problem is where would you build the new stadium on the existing site given you have pitches everywhere.

Maybe we might have to go to being a Cat 4 academy, which would mean less pitches are required as its only from U17 upwards.

15k capacity perhaps?

But I do like your idea.
              Heston is a 27 acre site

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...training-site/

"The new complex will be split into two sides for the first team and the academy, with both having their own dining, recreation rooms and medical areas, and there will be on-site parking for more than 200 vehicles"

I just thought that if we ran out of ideas the existing old academy side could be redeveloped for a stadium and then relocated to another out of city location.

Surely a new stadium could be built on circa 10 acres.

Comment

Heston is a 27 acre site

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...training-site/

"The new complex will be split into two sides for the first team and the academy, with both having their own dining, recreation rooms and medical areas, and there will be on-site parking for more than 200 vehicles"

I just thought that if we ran out of ideas the existing old academy side could be redeveloped for a stadium and then relocated to another out of city location.

Surely a new stadium could be built on circa 10 acres.
                The training ground covers all 27 acres and not just part of it, and we are already planning to build an indoor hall as well on the site, so I doubt its going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

The training ground covers all 27 acres and not just part of it, and we are already planning to build an indoor hall as well on the site, so I doubt its going to happen.
                  Well hopefully any new investment will be a partnership to build a multi-purpose stadium. The ####s love that stuff and getting a chunk of London. They might be happy to find a £400m project close to HQ.

Comment

Well hopefully any new investment will be a partnership to build a multi-purpose stadium. The ####s love that stuff and getting a chunk of London. They might be happy to find a £400m project close to HQ.
                    I do wonder if its actually becoming more likely we end up redoing Loftus Road and building a slightly smaller venue on the current site, ie: 15k capacity.

I would take that over moving outside the borough tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X