Fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixtures

This must be the 1st ever time we have 4 away games in our 1st 5 league fixtures. I didn't even think this was possible, why haven't we criticized this decision?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

its because the new pitch won't be ready in time

it would have been 2 H 3 A

Happens every year when clubs replace their pitch - Luton have postponed their first premier league game

Comment

Luton are having a new stand being built but I didn't realise a new pitch would cause such a hold up. Certainly not great and represents a tough start
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Maybe the contractors are doing the premier league clubs first and we have a delayed start? Doubt we've employed Paddy and his mate Jock, but if theyre cheap enough who knows?

But surely our style of play is better suited to long grass and mud? If we're going to hoof the ball from the back to the forwards you dont want the ball skidding off for a goal kick. You want to slow the long ball down in the mud. Likewise, turn off the drainage systems and just use sand.

Disjointed thinking at the Rs again!!

Comment

Shouldn't of happened they had plenty of time to get this right .

Comment

This will all be moot as Dykes slots in his third against Cardiff and we are top of the league on Aug 12th.

Anyway, don't forget last season was somewhat elongated due to the residual covid hangover and the break for World Cup - doesn't our pitch have some sort of cycle (5yrs?) of planned maintenance and overhaul. Can't really blame the club for fact that their scheduled window of repair got a bit squeezed. Ultimately I don't see that it's any big deal to switch one game about - especially in this day and age when about 50% of the original fixture list will get shunted around for TV purposes.

Comment

Club requested first game to be away as new pitch being laid. League put us at home on first day.

Comment

I got the impression as we are playing our home game against Watford at theirs, when we meet them later in the season it will be our away game and also played at theirs, rather than the fixture having been swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  I got the impression as we are playing our home game against Watford at theirs, when we meet them later in the season it will be our away game and also played at theirs, rather than the fixture having been swapped.
                  BBC Fixtures showing us at home to Watford 13th Jan.

Games have been swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

BBC Fixtures showing us at home to Watford 13th Jan.

Games have been swapped.
                    Good news, just hope its not a Friday!

Comment

Pitch seemed in decent nick, last game of season
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

we are becoming the biggest moaners in the league, even I'm moaning about the moaners
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                          Pitch seemed in decent nick, last game of season
                          We have a pitch that needs to be renewed every 5 years and so this is the reason for a new pitch and it won't have bedded in enough to play Watford at home , so the fixtures against Watford have been switched . Also our league cup game at home to Norwich has been put back a week.

Comment

Working...
                          X