No announcement yet.

2-0 down after 20mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully you're all thinking twice about what you buy. Unfortunately Unilever are quite happy to receive blood money from Russia so I ask all rangers fans to boycott their products, Cornetto and dove being some of them!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Hopefully you're all thinking twice about what you buy. Unfortunately Unilever are quite happy to receive blood money from Russia so I ask all rangers fans to boycott their products, Cornetto and dove being some of them!
      WTF has this got to do with the pre season friendly?
      Keep politics out of sport...including taking the knee,rainbow laces etc

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

wtf has a bird got to do with anything

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

You have completely miss understood what I’m getting across .

my point is I go to the games home and away so I get to see the garbage and football being played (which you don’t see on sky sports news ) so my opinion is the football last season with Ainsworth and the results were absolutely awful and should of been down the road . However Ainsworth said give me a window and pre season I have signings that will come in and change us (his words)
          and what players have we signed that will change us we have only weakened the team loosing the players we have and Ainsworth couldn’t get a tune out of the better squad we had last season so what chance has he got with a weakened team and players that don’t want to be here .. (not his fault that )
          We are in danger we have no money and no players we can get big money for .
          who wants to join qpr ??
          who wants to play long ball for Ainsworth ?

most fans were saying well it’s only a pre season friendly.. these games set us up for next month in the championship we don’t play kids vs good teams like we did .. we played like we did last season with him nothing has changed and again people will say well it’s against a top team . So was Man Utd friendly when we won 4-2 and we played them off the park they are a better team than Prague . And look at the season we had we was in the playoffs all season till last 10 games .
          these games matter

These games matter not in results in how we want to set up how we going to play / tactics etc not play the B team and don’t touch the ball then hit it Long to no one and think this is acceptable . This should be drilled into the team now this is what these training camps are for not to go and mess around doing long balls to No one

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Who let Vladimir sign up to this forum?!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              You have completely miss understood what I’m getting across .

my point is I go to the games home and away so I get to see the garbage and football being played (which you don’t see on sky sports news ) so my opinion is the football last season with Ainsworth and the results were absolutely awful and should of been down the road . However Ainsworth said give me a window and pre season I have signings that will come in and change us (his words)
              and what players have we signed that will change us we have only weakened the team loosing the players we have and Ainsworth couldn’t get a tune out of the better squad we had last season so what chance has he got with a weakened team and players that don’t want to be here .. (not his fault that )
              We are in danger we have no money and no players we can get big money for .
              who wants to join qpr ??
              who wants to play long ball for Ainsworth ?

most fans were saying well it’s only a pre season friendly.. these games set us up for next month in the championship we don’t play kids vs good teams like we did .. we played like we did last season with him nothing has changed and again people will say well it’s against a top team . So was Man Utd friendly when we won 4-2 and we played them off the park they are a better team than Prague . And look at the season we had we was in the playoffs all season till last 10 games .
              these games matter

These games matter not in results in how we want to set up how we going to play / tactics etc not play the B team and don’t touch the ball then hit it Long to no one and think this is acceptable . This should be drilled into the team now this is what these training camps are for not to go and mess around doing long balls to No one
              I have not misunderstood your post, but you seem to have ignored my previous responses.

Perhaps you would like the Board to apologise to you directly for not next getting the squad finalised before the first friendly on 8th July, rather than by the end of the transfer window on 1st Sept?

Only time will tell what players will end up at the club and neither of us know that.

From the games Ive seen GA does not play long ball as I would define it from the John Beck days. We dont play the ball out from the back but to suggest the ball is launched over the top of the midfield directly to a striker is wrong. He wants to get the ball from a weak defence quickly and into the middle of the park and away from danger. The calibre of player we attract has more to do with the budget we're working to.

Yes, we did beat Man Utd in a friendly but that was meaningless because that didnt make us world beaters. We finished 11th in the league, just above mid-table. We couldnt last the distance to get into the top 6 let alone win the league. That win was misleading.

I accept Warbs tried a more modern style but he was likewise criticised for posesssion for the sake of possession and accusations that the defence wasnt up to that style. How many times did Dickie lose possession or make a stray pass trying to play like Bobby Moore? The Wing Backs werent quick enough and couldnt deliver an accurate cross? Trying to play a champagne style on a beer budget.

We do have saleable assets in Willock (£3-5m), Field (£3-5m) and Chair (£5-7m). If some funds can be generated we may well shop for different players and loans.

You may well be right that we're in troble, Im expecting a 20th spot finish but Im going to give GA a chance, be patient on building the squad and accept the financial budget GA is working under.

We're all entitled to an opinion, but on this one I think we just have to agree that we disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I have not misunderstood your post, but you seem to have ignored my previous responses.

Perhaps you would like the Board to apologise to you directly for not next getting the squad finalised before the first friendly on 8th July, rather than by the end of the transfer window on 1st Sept?

Only time will tell what players will end up at the club and neither of us know that.

From the games Ive seen GA does not play long ball as I would define it from the John Beck days. We dont play the ball out from the back but to suggest the ball is launched over the top of the midfield directly to a striker is wrong. He wants to get the ball from a weak defence quickly and into the middle of the park and away from danger. The calibre of player we attract has more to do with the budget we're working to.

Yes, we did beat Man Utd in a friendly but that was meaningless because that didnt make us world beaters. We finished 11th in the league, just above mid-table. We couldnt last the distance to get into the top 6 let alone win the league. That win was misleading.

I accept Warbs tried a more modern style but he was likewise criticised for posesssion for the sake of possession and accusations that the defence wasnt up to that style. How many times did Dickie lose possession or make a stray pass trying to play like Bobby Moore? The Wing Backs werent quick enough and couldnt deliver an accurate cross? Trying to play a champagne style on a beer budget.

We do have saleable assets in Willock (£3-5m), Field (£3-5m) and Chair (£5-7m). If some funds can be generated we may well shop for different players and loans.

You may well be right that we're in troble, Im expecting a 20th spot finish but Im going to give GA a chance, be patient on building the squad and accept the financial budget GA is working under.

We're all entitled to an opinion, but on this one I think we just have to agree that we disagree.

Sorry Sheep, Ainsworth is 100% a long ball manager who actively asks the players to hit it long at the first opportunity. Not sure what you’ve been watching. It was the same at Wycombe, and it’s the same at QPR. Ainsworth is on record multiple times over the years for having a dislike of passing football, he revels in his contrarian long ball style. John Beck is the man who he says has influenced him most! The grand father of long ball! When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Sorry Sheep, Ainsworth is 100% a long ball manager who actively asks the players to hit it long at the first opportunity. Not sure what you’ve been watching. It was the same at Wycombe, and it’s the same at QPR. Ainsworth is on record multiple times over the years for having a dislike of passing football, he revels in his contrarian long ball style. John Beck is the man who he says has influenced him most! The grand father of long ball! When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck.
                  Its not short passing tic-tac football and is direct, but I define long ball as a CB launching it to the CF at every opportunity where the midfield get a stiff neck. I have not seen this.......sorry.

Comment

It definitely won't be long balls from the cb to the cf.

It will be a long ball from the keeper to the cf..

That's that sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      It definitely won't be long balls from the cb to the cf.

It will be a long ball from the keeper to the cf..

That's that sorted!
                      We'll be in some decent premiership company. I didnt realise "hoof ball" was so popular.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathl...-long/%3famp=1

Comment

It worked for Brentford!!

Comment

We've just got to give ainsworth 8/10 games and see how it pans out .
                          Who is actually out there that could make us better with no money.
                          GA will install a good team spirit and he will get the ball up the pitch at every opportunity.
                          That kind of suits me as I so hated the 5 a side we used to play in our own half only for it to eventually to be bumped up the pitch .
                          Football was poor last season and it can get worse.
                          But supporting QPR is painful , I've been here since the 70s and we don't get much success , but let's give him a chance and see how we do , friendlies tell us nothing .

Comment

Working...
                          X