Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicester

Winks for 10 million and Cody for 7.5 million
    17.5 million on 2 players in the championship how can teams compete with the relegated teams nowadays . Something got to be done about that . The gaps going to get even bigger

Ridiculous isn't it. Just be done away with ffp and let teams spend what they want. Would make the lower leagues and championship much more exciting.

Comment

I think should be a tweak to parachute payment rules that those funds are ring fenced for players that are still under contract from Premier, not allowed to use it for new transfer fees or new contracts. You could argue that then there is a reluctance to sell their best players but the better ones would probably down tools in the Championship anyway

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
        I think should be a tweak to parachute payment rules that those funds are ring fenced for players that are still under contract from Premier, not allowed to use it for new transfer fees or new contracts. You could argue that then there is a reluctance to sell their best players but the better ones would probably down tools in the Championship anyway
        Agreed, something needs to be put in place. Relegated teams now have such an unfair advantage over the rest of the league. It could soon end up being all the teams promoted are on parachute payments (thankfully we still have well run teams like Luton and Coventry disrupting the status quo).

Comment

They did sell Maddison for £40mil so you could argue they haven't even touched the parachute money. Is it even parachute money though? They copped well over £100 million for last season - cant argue with that, it's their legitimate prize money for stinking up the Prem last season. I suppose technically, the unfairness kicks-in next May when they will pick up £40m+ whilst likes of us will get maybe £7m.
          I notice HM Gov are heavily leaning on football to sort it out or they'll expedite the appointment of a regulator and enforce change. This might re-balance things and see the end of obscene amounts of parachute money being dished out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            They did sell Maddison for £40mil so you could argue they haven't even touched the parachute money. Is it even parachute money though? They copped well over £100 million for last season - cant argue with that, it's their legitimate prize money for stinking up the Prem last season. I suppose technically, the unfairness kicks-in next May when they will pick up £40m+ whilst likes of us will get maybe £7m.
            I notice HM Gov are heavily leaning on football to sort it out or they'll expedite the appointment of a regulator and enforce change. This might re-balance things and see the end of obscene amounts of parachute money being dished out.
            That is very true for the transfer fees for Winks and Cody but i bet the parachute money covers their high wages, if they are only allowed to lose £39 million over 3 year period I doubt they would be dishing out the high wage contracts that they likely on. So Leicester would more likely spending Maddison money on likes of Chair, this will then filter down to whole EFL.

Personally I prefer the % of turnover on wages that League 1 and 2 have, if they bought this in the Championship too this would help even further.

Comment

if Winks is worth £10m, then Chair and Willock must be worth serious dosh
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                if Winks is worth £10m, then Chair and Willock must be worth serious dosh
                If he's worth 10m I'm worth 9m at 53 yrs old he's shite

Comment

Football has gone crazy ... Jaden Sancho 350k a week

Comment

That is very true for the transfer fees for Winks and Cody but i bet the parachute money covers their high wages, if they are only allowed to lose £39 million over 3 year period I doubt they would be dishing out the high wage contracts that they likely on. So Leicester would more likely spending Maddison money on likes of Chair, this will then filter down to whole EFL.

Personally I prefer the % of turnover on wages that League 1 and 2 have, if they bought this in the Championship too this would help even further.
                    Does that League One wages cap actually exist? The EFL mooted the idea but didn't the PFA get it stopped? I presume there is some sort of "FFP" cap on rolling losses but I'm pretty sure there's no salary cap. I agree it's the obvious way to get some sort of grip though.

Comment

My mate who supports Leicester reckon they are signing Ings £10 million this week and will be on about 60k a week .
                      He reckons they will have the league wrapped up by Xmas .
                      hope they go down again

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Does that League One wages cap actually exist? The EFL mooted the idea but didn't the PFA get it stopped? I presume there is some sort of "FFP" cap on rolling losses but I'm pretty sure there's no salary cap. I agree it's the obvious way to get some sort of grip though.
                        I read on another thread a while back that it does, think it is SCMP (Salary Cap Management Protocol) and allows League 1 to spend 60% of turnover on wages and League 2 to spend 55%

Comment

I read on another thread a while back that it does, think it is SCMP (Salary Cap Management Protocol) and allows League 1 to spend 60% of turnover on wages and League 2 to spend 55%
                          That's true but it's very weak and watery in that turnover can include money given to the club by the owner. So, if owner of Burton wants to chuck £30million into club and take Mbappe on loan for the season that won't fall foul of SCMP. Leagues ONE and Two have a separate FFP threshold and those provisions presumably would spike the spending of £30m on Mbappe. Personally, I dunno what the issue is if the owner of Burton wants to chuck a barrel-load of their own cash at Mbappe. I'd say good luck to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X