• Show
Clear All

• Nico Gone - Official

The end of an era!

Hope we don't do the same to him as Smyth

Worryingly with our mob its possible

Comment

No loss
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

after Les has left

what a bizzare decision to sign him on a four year deal

possibly one of the worst ever players weve ever had?

Comment

I can remember when he made his debut against Sunderland in a league cup game and my boy said to me , how the hell is that kid a professional footballer and i have been wondering the same thing for the last 7 or 8 years.
          Fair play to him earning a living out of it though , our club are the mugs for not realising he was'nt any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
            I can remember when he made his debut against Sunderland in a league cup game and my boy said to me , how the hell is that kid a professional footballer and i have been wondering the same thing for the last 7 or 8 years.
            Fair play to him earning a living out of it though , our club are the mugs for not realising he was'nt any good.
            I was at that game and think Ian Gillard came into the pitch at halftime and when asked about Nico mentioned hed been skinned a few times by their winger........he didnt seem impressed.

Comment

how we kept him for this long is beyond me.

Comment

Which game next season will Andy Sinton induct him into the Forever R’s?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  The end of an era!
                  Thank ####. Don't let the door hit you on the #### on the way out. Good riddance to a truly cowardly gutless individual. How on earth he gets paid to do this job for a living will be one of life's eternal mysteries. Now sack the clown who gave him a year deal in the first place.

Comment

Saw him last season when we played at Charlton , couldn't mark , gave the ball away and his positional play was dire .

Comment

If i were nico I'd retire as a pro as hes about to enter Sunday pub leagues at best

Should of been left back in the changing rooms

Comment

I think it it unfair to call him cowardly.

He is one of many football players that was considered very talented at an early stage of his career, racking up dozens of international U17, U19 and U21 matches for Finland. He played 12 times for Finlands senior team and represented Finland in the last Euro finals. It is a big pity the early promise never materialized into a player of Championship standards. I wish Nico all the best. Not good enough but not his fault he was offered a four years contract. His four years contract cost us only £500-600.000 and we probably recouped at least half of it from four loan deals. Not good business but we have done do much worse on dozens of other occasions.

Comment

was at that sunderland game too WOW he even kept wandering out of position and leaving acres behind him for the winger to run in.

have to say though when you watch the B team reserves or under 23 teamsor whatever they want to be called he was definately one of the better players and did seem to have something about him.

just that step up was too big a gap to fill

can see why they rated him of the 2 or 3 B team games i saw

thinking Pedder who looks good in these kind of games with his light frame the management are reluctant to give him a try in first team....so its gonna be a massive pre season for him i think

Comment

Working...
                          X