No announcement yet.

Duke-McKenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without being disrespectful to the lads but at the ages there at they ain't making it at this level now

We've obviously got sod all to spend u til we sell but these won't make the subs bench

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Isn't there some sort of rule about "homegrown" young(ish) players not counting towards squad limits and/or the squad must contain a certain amount of homegrown players? Maybe Duke-McKenna is necessary in order to fulfill one or both of those criteria.

I'm not convinced about the logic of GA wanting a lean/small squad to work with given the amount of pansies we have that spend a quarter of the season injured - I'd say we need the biggest squad possible on the basis half of them will be unavailable at any given point.

I suspect any small squad we end up with will be more about being skint than GA not wanting too many bods.
      44.9 Squad Lists

44.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

44.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs:

(i) any Under 21 Players; and

(ii) goalkeepers.

Comment

Working...
      X