X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke-McKenna

Just signed a new one year deal.

Who is making these decisions? Ramsey?

Duke-McKenna is 23 in August. Been at the club 4 years. Didn't get much game time at Orient on loan last season in League Two, yet he's worthy of another year?

What is going on? Why do we insist on keeping these lads into their mid 20's in the hope they suddenly turn into something good?

No disrespect to the lad but he's not had a kick here in 4 years, not set the world alight in his loan spells at National League and League Two level but we'll keep him another year and no doubt he'll be loaned out to another League Two or National League club then released next summer. If he's not cutting the mustard at the age of 22/23 two leagues below our level then release the lad. Football is a cut throat business, not at QPR obviously.

Nevermind the witch hunt that was around for Ferdinand, questions need asking about all our youth coaches and the decisions that are being made because it's a shambles.

Maybe all our better youngsters get poached because our youth set up and standard is dreadful. Our first team is dreadful and we still can't bring anyone through. What does that say to youngsters looking at the pathway into the first team. It's alright though, Ramsey is meant to be great (Obviously not!) and Impey and Furlong used to play for us.

All we hear is how lovely the owners are etc. Maybe they need to grow a backbone and start making proper decisions or get someone in who will. The club needs ripping up from top to bottom.

Is an odd one. When he did make fleeting appearances looked like might be something there but that was years ago now and has done very little on loan at a much lower level. Hopefully he can prove us wrong ...

Comment

Its weird. It is so weird I would appreciate that the club gives a comment at the right point in time, because to fans it makes absolutely no sense. I understand that the salary we pay Duke McKenna is very low, probably less than £1.000 a week, but Ainsworth has said we are going to have a small, tight squad, so it really does not make sense to give one of the places in the squad to a player that cannot make it at L2 level, even though he costs very little. The same happened last year when Charlie Owens was given an extra year after he failed to get into the Colchester team.

Comment

Saw him in the league cup 2or 3 years ago .
        He was no better or worse than any of the others we had playing ..
        Maybe he's doing something in training that ainsworth thinks he warrants a deal .
        Only time will tell.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, we’ve tried to sign league 1 and 2 players on free transfers that are out of contract, and even they don’t fancy joining our sh!t show?! Perhaps that explains the panic of having to sign these type of players, even when they can’t get games in league 1 or 2! Jeez! Gonna be a long season…

Comment

He will only play in games against teams below us in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              Just signed a new one year deal.

Who is making these decisions? Ramsey?

Duke-McKenna is 23 in August. Been at the club 4 years. Didn't get much game time at Orient on loan last season in League Two, yet he's worthy of another year?

What is going on? Why do we insist on keeping these lads into their mid 20's in the hope they suddenly turn into something good?

No disrespect to the lad but he's not had a kick here in 4 years, not set the world alight in his loan spells at National League and League Two level but we'll keep him another year and no doubt he'll be loaned out to another League Two or National League club then released next summer. If he's not cutting the mustard at the age of 22/23 two leagues below our level then release the lad. Football is a cut throat business, not at QPR obviously.

Nevermind the witch hunt that was around for Ferdinand, questions need asking about all our youth coaches and the decisions that are being made because it's a shambles.

Maybe all our better youngsters get poached because our youth set up and standard is dreadful. Our first team is dreadful and we still can't bring anyone through. What does that say to youngsters looking at the pathway into the first team. It's alright though, Ramsey is meant to be great (Obviously not!) and Impey and Furlong used to play for us.

All we hear is how lovely the owners are etc. Maybe they need to grow a backbone and start making proper decisions or get someone in who will. The club needs ripping up from top to bottom.
              Great post !
              Been saying it for ages , this club needs a massive clearout , glad Ferdinands gone but all his other cronies need getting rid of as well.
              These owners haven't got a clue how to run a football club and have let Ferdinand and all his cronies make the decisions for years , hence why the club is going backwards and still wasting money .
              We are on a downward spiral and we will certainly get relegated this year , like you say Duke Mckenna can't get a regular start at league 2 level , yet we give him a contract.
              We seem to be signing cheap league one and two standard players , so think we will definitely end up going down.
              Someone posted his wages are low but however low they are it's a waste of money , he will never make it at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Saw him in the league cup 2or 3 years ago .
                He was no better or worse than any of the others we had playing ..
                Maybe he's doing something in training that ainsworth thinks he warrants a deal .
                Only time will tell.
                Not sure Ainsworth has seen him in Training. On loan last season. Looks like away with Guyana International Team at moment.

He had decent loan at Torquay two seasons ago. Didn't make our team, sent on loan to Orient. Couldn't get in front of Smyth.

Looked bang average like Fasal Bettache when I saw him play.

Strange decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  He will only play in games against teams below us in the league

He's not gonna get many games then

Comment

GA has said the U23 will be used im emergencies.

We'll have a squad of 22 and players like DM will fill any gaps needed. If he comes off the bench more than 6-8 times I'll be amazed.

I dont have any problems having DM on the fringes. We dont have the money to have 25 players all on £10k a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      GA has said the U23 will be used im emergencies.

We'll have a squad of 22 and players like DM will fill any gaps needed. If he comes off the bench more than 6-8 times I'll be amazed.

I dont have any problems having DM on the fringes. We dont have the money to have 25 players all on £10k a week.
                      We already have a squad of 23 (which includes 4 GKs) :

Dieng, Archer, Walsh, Mahoney;

Kakay, Drewe, Paal, Haameleinen, Dunne, Glass Salter, Gubbins;

Field, Dozzell, Dixon Bonner;

Chair, Willock, Richards, Adomah, Duke McKenna;

Dykes, Smyth, Armstrong, Kelman.

Thats it then! We are done! Transfer business complete!

Just look at our Defence and our CMF options. Yet it seems we are over blessed with attacking options. Still such a disjointed squad!

I just hope we can at least try and get some quality in from Prem loans to give us half a chance.

First choice RB, CH, CMF and S needed please!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Just look at our Defence and our CMF options. Yet it seems we are over blessed with attacking options. Still such a disjointed squad!

I just hope we can at least try and get some quality in from Prem loans to give us half a chance.

No thats not it.

GA has already said there will be more players leaving and more coming in. Why are you so impatient? Player contracts dont expire till 30th June.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

I actually think we need more than that, probably 7 new players (see below). This is a 22 man squad as I see it and those 7 blanks need to be filled with at least 5 Championship quality players otherwise it is gonna be a real struggle:

GK - Dieng
                          GK- Archer

RB -
                          RB - Kakay

LB - Paal
                          LB -

CB - Clarke-Salter
                          CB - Dunne
                          CB -
                          CB -

CM - Field
                          CM -
                          CM -
                          CM - Dozzell

AM - Chair
                          AM - Willock
                          AM - Richards
                          AM - Smyth
                          AM - Dixon-Bonner
                          AM - Adomah

ST - Dykes
                          ST -

Squad Fillers:

GK - Walsh or Mahoney (one sent out on loan)
                          DF - Drewe
                          DF - Gubbins (he won't be one of the 4 x CB if he couldnt get in ahead of Dickie who they must have known was leaving)
                          MF - Duke-Mckenna
                          ST - Armstrong (though I am really hopeful he can kick on this year and compete for a regular first team place)

Need to ship out Hämäläinen if that is at all possible and probably Kelman again.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

I actually think we need more than that, probably 7 new players (see below). This is a 22 man squad as I see it and those 7 blanks need to be filled with at least 5 Championship quality players otherwise it is gonna be a real struggle:

GK - Dieng
                            GK- Archer

RB -
                            RB - Kakay

LB - Paal
                            LB -

CB - Clarke-Salter
                            CB - Dunne
                            CB -
                            CB -

CM - Field
                            CM -
                            CM -
                            CM - Dozzell

AM - Chair
                            AM - Willock
                            AM - Richards
                            AM - Smyth
                            AM - Dixon-Bonner
                            AM - Adomah

ST - Dykes
                            ST -

Squad Fillers:

GK - Walsh or Mahoney (one sent out on loan)
                            DF - Drewe
                            DF - Gubbins (he won't be one of the 4 x CB if he couldnt get in ahead of Dickie who they must have known was leaving)
                            MF - Duke-Mckenna
                            ST - Armstrong (though I am really hopeful he can kick on this year and compete for a regular first team place)

Need to ship out Hämäläinen if that is at all possible and probably Kelman again.
                            And I think you can take two out of your first team list from Chair, Willock and Field. I dont think Willock had a good season just gone and hopefully he'll sign another contract like Dykes. We'll gwt maximum value from selling Field and Chair. I think we'll be seeing at least another eight players arriving.

Comment

Isn't there some sort of rule about "homegrown" young(ish) players not counting towards squad limits and/or the squad must contain a certain amount of homegrown players? Maybe Duke-McKenna is necessary in order to fulfill one or both of those criteria.

I'm not convinced about the logic of GA wanting a lean/small squad to work with given the amount of pansies we have that spend a quarter of the season injured - I'd say we need the biggest squad possible on the basis half of them will be unavailable at any given point.

I suspect any small squad we end up with will be more about being skint than GA not wanting too many bods.

Comment

Working...
                              X