Paul Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Smyth

Signed 3 year deal with us. Looks like he's been signed to play as aright winger. Good luck to him. The bar has been set quite low if we are shopping in the league 2 market. He's quick and has a eye for goal. Will either flourish in the championship or find it too physical as he's not the biggest lad.

He didnt get many games under his belt last time but has been playing regularly the last few seasons. Starter or squad player, I hope he does well.

Yes, the bar has beem set low by some fans. So if Smyth and Dykes can help us avoid relegation then its a job well done.

Comment

Welcome back Paul

Comment

I recall Ollie saying Smyth kept knocking on his door and he didn't know what to do as we were going through a very bad spell so he gave him a game. Smyth had a good little spell then hardly played again for us. Did well last season and obviously not put off by his first spell with us. Hope he does well. We need pace and some attacking intent.

Comment

Think when we signed him originally I felt maybe he was still very early in terms of his development, but I feel a move to develop himself further in L1/L2 made sense.

I think last season was when we saw him thrive, and the fact that he is 25 now tells me hes matured and wants to prove himself.

think is a low risk, potentially high reward signing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            I recall Ollie saying Smyth kept knocking on his door and he didn't know what to do as we were going through a very bad spell so he gave him a game. Smyth had a good little spell then hardly played again for us. Did well last season and obviously not put off by his first spell with us. Hope he does well. We need pace and some attacking intent.
            I always thought he did well for us, but for whatever reason was always loaned out and eventually he was snapped up by Orient. He is exactly the sort of player we need at the moment, he has pace and can score the odd goal. Hopefully he will be given more game time this time around.

Comment

Did well on the wing but I also seem to remember him being used, perhsps once as a CF. He was way out of his depth as a CF but seemed decent as a tricky winger.

Comment

Welcome back Paulie

Comment

he reminded me of a young Michael owen when i saw him

thought he done very well for us then like people say on here he didnt play again

strange decision to let him go i thought without really giving him a chance

however now i feel it a strange decision to re-sign him now as it was deemed by the powers that be here he wasnt good enough then so why now?

definatley stinks of panic buy to me

im totally behind Smyth for us though he seems a very good lad too very bubbly personality spoke to fans well before a league cup game i found a while back

Comment

With so many rumours saying the squad wasn't the easiest to manage, pardon the pun; It makes perfectly sense to me that GA and Robbo want a player or two they have worked with before and can trust ...
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X