• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johansen gone

Contract terminated
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

By mutual consent.

His wages were just too high and we can more from two players for the same money.

Comment

Best of luck to him.

Very good player in the right set up but afraid I doubt we will be set up in such a way as we would get the best out of him so probably right thing.

Came across as one of the good guys.

Agree though we need to free up his wages.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Best of luck to him.

Very good player in the right set up but afraid I doubt we will be set up in such a way as we would get the best out of him so probably right thing.

Came across as one of the good guys.

Agree though we need to free up his wages.
        I thought there were clubs interested in him though?...why no ££s?

Comment

If he had a year left on his contract he's entitled for it to be honoured may of agreed to waver but would you?

May of done a deal to get a signing on fee and paid more none of us know hopefully it allows us to bring in some legs in midfield which are badly needed

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I thought there were clubs interested in him though?...why no ££s?
            Perhaps he want to go back home and clubs there are only prepared to give him £10k pw. So to get him off the wage bill we might have to pay him up the extra £8k a week.

If a club offered us £1m and him £6k a week, hes hardly going to give up is £18k a week with us.

We'd have to pay up money over what he'll be getting next season......which wont be near £18k a week

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Perhaps he want to go back home and clubs there are only prepared to give him £10k pw. So to get him off the wage bill we might have to pay him up the extra £8k a week.

If a club offered us £1m and him £6k a week, hes hardly going to give up is £18k a week with us.

We'd have to pay up money over what he'll be getting next season......which wont be near £18k a week
              Yep, that makes sense.....unfortunately.

Comment

Legs went years ago

Comment

No loss.

Comment

Good luck and thanks old boy.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                      No loss.
                      Whilst his better years are behind him, we aint seen who he will be replaced by yet and given our budget could be a one legged version

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Legs went years ago
                        Quite shocking given he was only 29 two seasons ago and the way sports science and rehabilitation support have evolved so a player in their early 30s should more or less still have their physical capability in tact.

​​​​​​

Comment

to be fair the only good spell he had with us was when he was on loan and looking for a contract

done nothing for us when we employed him fulltime

no loss in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                          X