2 incoming deals done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
    Neither of them would get on the bench for any team in the championship let alone first 11 .
    we all knew this was going to happen . We have no money and no one will want to play for Ainsworth.

we are in a relegation fight before the season starts .
    Anyone who thinks differently I admire your belief.
    Bit harsh on Wing. Think he would make a fair few squads in the Championship. He’s durable, scores goals and hasn’t got an over inflated ego.
    Spot on about Gape though. Cannot see that one happening, but strangers things and all that…….

Comment

signings still done ive been told

sound like panic buys to me and it seems hes been told money very tight you need to try and play a tune with this really bad fiddle were giving you.

lets hope some better ones come in

think Gape is being given his last chance saloon before he retires (think an even cheaper crocked version of Luke Amos)

surey we should have kept amos if this is the kind of signing were bringing in?

Comment

His is an awful player . Don’t let 9
        goals in league 1 fool you . Put it this way David wheeler Plays ahead of him .. you know the same David wheeler who played for us .
        we are in so much trouble next season . You think getting hammered by Blackpool was bad . There’s going to be a load of them coming week in week out .
        Ainsworth isn’t the right man . He had long enough last season and 1 lucky win vs Burnley basically kept us up . Btw we should have been 4 down at half time. .
        granted we won . Fair doos .
        he will be gone by September when we are bottom of the league

Comment

goals in league 1 fool you . Put it this way David wheeler Plays ahead of him .. you know the same David wheeler who played for us .
          we are in so much trouble next season . You think getting hammered by Blackpool was bad . There’s going to be a load of them coming week in week out .
          Ainsworth isn’t the right man . He had long enough last season and 1 lucky win vs Burnley basically kept us up . Btw we should have been 4 down at half time. .
          Get it you don’t rate GA or Wing however Wing was almost ever present last year playing 48 games. So not sure he was behind Wheeler in the pecking order.
          Whether he’s good enough is obviously up for debate but I think that’s the market we are in right now. Unproven, hungry types rather than poser glove wearing wannabes.
          Think the problem lays way further than the manager.
          A squad full of over paid over hyped prima donnas.
          Thats more of an issue than the manager. QPR have very limited financial support right now so maybe expectations of Barca esque type football is a pipe dream. Though tbf that’s never been evident.
          Will be a tough season for sure.
          Im hoping for more Watford type games rather than Blackpool.

Comment

I see where your coming from but for christs sake give him & team a chance to perform, he won’t be gone by September either as you put it, I wouldn’t mind Wing coming in as he is the sort of player we need, no one knows who’s leaving & who’s coming in so it’s a bit ridiculous to assume where we will finish yet, come back at Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

I see where your coming from but for christs sake give him & team a chance to perform, he won’t be gone by September either as you put it, I wouldn’t mind Wing coming in as he is the sort of player we need, no one knows who’s leaving & who’s coming in so it’s a bit ridiculous to assume where we will finish yet, come back at Christmas
              Forget Christmas Jeff .. let’s re visit this thread end of September.

I supported Ainsworth but clearly he wasn’t up to it did you not go and watch any game live last season with him as manager . What’s changed or what’s going to change nothing .
              we are in big trouble while he is the manager.

Comment

Forget Christmas Jeff .. let’s re visit this thread end of September.

I supported Ainsworth but clearly he wasn’t up to it did you not go and watch any game live last season with him as manager . What’s changed or what’s going to change nothing .
                we are in big trouble while he is the manager.
                Yes I went as I’m a season ticket holder & was not impressed at aIl & blame players & management, he was in a hiding to nothing & said he had to play a certain way to try & get points & in the end he did, so give him a chance first

Comment

I don’t need to wait until Christmas before knowing Ainsworth is a particularly bad appointment that will set the club back years. Spending 10 seasons at Wycombe Wanderers and no other clubs willing to give him a chance paints a very clear picture about how most see his playing style.

Comment

Willing to give them a chance.

The Gape signing appears odd, though. I assumed he was a mainstay in Ainsworth’s Wycombe sides and he was up till their promotion season, where he played 28 games. Since then, Wikipedia suggests he’s played 29 games in three seasons, which suggests injury and/or being out of favour, so a move, an upwards one at that, is a strange move at this stage of his career.

The positive I suppose is they both know Ainsworth so are attuned to his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Yes I went as I’m a season ticket holder & was not impressed at aIl & blame players & management, he was in a hiding to nothing & said he had to play a certain way to try & get points & in the end he did, so give him a chance first
                      Fair enough but my point is we not going to change 11 players so we will still be in the same mess playing the same way .

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses Ron View Post
                        Willing to give them a chance.

The Gape signing appears odd, though. I assumed he was a mainstay in Ainsworth’s Wycombe sides and he was up till their promotion season, where he played 28 games. Since then, Wikipedia suggests he’s played 29 games in three seasons, which suggests injury and/or being out of favour, so a move, an upwards one at that, is a strange move at this stage of his career.

The positive I suppose is they both know Ainsworth so are attuned to his style.
                        So if he fell out of favour with Ainsworth at WW, why would GA want him here?

Comment

My sources (the voices in my head) are telling me nobody is incoming until the DoF is sorted out!

Dont shoot the messenger!!!

Comment

The Gape signing just sounds like wanting to get professionals who train right and will pick the players up in the training ground to me. Not every signing needs to be about playing week in week out in our first team. Some times you need professionals to lead by example and this is what that has to be right?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              My sources (the voices in my head) are telling me nobody is incoming until the DoF is sorted out!

Dont shoot the messenger!!!

The voices, the voices, ah those voices.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                              X