2 incoming deals done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 incoming deals done

just awaiting the official announcement that could be as early as tomorrow or by the latest next Monday

Lewis WIng free transfer
    Dominic Gape Wycombe Wanderers undisclosed amount (fee believed to be 750k)

both midfielders of some description from Wycome although wing will officially be a free agent

like i said both done deals

more to follow

Ainsworth talking to a right back and a centre forward also

Gape is a Sunday league footballer. I would bloody hope not. Also he was released and not offered a new deal by Wycombe this summer.

Comment

According to Wiki Gape becomes a free agent this summer. Even if he had one year left I would be stunned that we would spend 750k on a L1 player who is 29yrs old this Sept

We need a decent defensive mid to break down play snd he might be it. But not at the figures you say at his age.

Comment

Lewis Wing played 44 games last season, 3,798 minutes on pitch. Free transfer. Worth considering.

Dominic Gape played 15 games last season, 762 minutes on pitch. Not worth it.

Comment

Where is James Nutt when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
            just awaiting the official announcement that could be as early as tomorrow or by the latest next Monday

Lewis WIng free transfer

both midfielders of some description from Wycome although wing will officially be a free agent

more to follow

mate, you let yourself down with the £750k for someone who is out of contract (Gape)

Lol

Comment

its what ive been told

only pass on what ive been told

Comment

Not exactly the most inspiring signings but we ain't got a pot to pi££ in so hey ho

Comment

Wing would be decent. 9 goals for a midfielder ain´t bad return.

But Gape? Seriously? Been more or less injured last 3 season. Yes, GA knows him better than us,but sounds desperate signing,if he signs

Comment

Never heard of either of them

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

Lewis WIng free transfer

more to follow

Gape isnt seen as a priority at the moment, so i doubt its true.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/14/qpr-c...rs-midfielder/

Wing i think is a definite signing.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Never heard of either of them
                        I'd never heard of Beale, Dickie, Dunn, Chair, Field, Dykes..... To be honest, I'd never heard of bulk of our staff when we signed them over past few years.

I think it's because we lost so many games I avoided reading sports pages and watching TV highlights - I live(d) in a sort of football vacuum.

I therefore rely heavily on this forum for opinions and verdicts about new players.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I'd never heard of Beale, Dickie, Dunn, Chair, Field, Dykes..... To be honest, I'd never heard of bulk of our staff when we signed them over past few years.

I think it's because we lost so many games I avoided reading sports pages and watching TV highlights - I live(d) in a sort of football vacuum.

I therefore rely heavily on this forum for opinions and verdicts about new players.
                          Which is risky business, even for a supporter
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                            Not exactly the most inspiring signings but we ain't got a pot to pi££ in so hey ho
                            yup this is where we are at the moment - prepared to be continually uninspired.

Comment

Neither of them would get on the bench for any team in the championship let alone first 11 .
                              we all knew this was going to happen . We have no money and no one will want to play for Ainsworth.

we are in a relegation fight before the season starts .
                              Anyone who thinks differently I admire your belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X