Gareth - ‘I’m scared!’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Plymouth, Rotherham and Huddersfield are the three favourites for relegation with Bet365. We're joint fourth with Brum.
    Nothing to worry about then, really.

We'll just have to bear up to the odd defeat or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Nothing to worry about then, really.

We'll just have to bear up to the odd defeat or two.

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Pinch of salt. The overreaction has been laughable.

Ainsworth thrives off being the underdog. Nothing to be scared of and he knows it. We drew with WBA and Norwich and beat Watford and Burnley, all clubs that are big boys in this league. All with a squad of players who are mentally weak and rock bottom in confidence while playing a style that didn't suit them.

You think he's scared of getting a squad of players in that suit the way he wants to play. Leaders? Strong characters? Players that will run hard all day? Ainsworth will be relishing the challenge not scared of it.

I prefer the league being full of bigger clubs as we often struggle to beat the so called small teams and that has always been the case, not just last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

I prefer the league being full of bigger clubs as we often struggle to beat the so called small teams and that has always been the case, not just last season.

It's the QPR way.

UR's

Comment

The championship is an horrific 9-month grind of 46 games. It's relentless - you get about 5mins to celebrate or enjoy a win before having to get your head down and go again 72hrs later. You cannot even begin to relax until you reach 50pts (and that's just for teams hoping to survive) but if you want to go up it's virtually non-stop. The pressure is immense and I'd commend GA for being frank and open about it, even if it was simply a glib off-the-cuff remark.

Comment

Could go either way. We need outgoing business done asap so we know both what we need to sign and have capacity to be able to bring players in. If that isn't done quickly we will be competing for scraps at the end of the window which is not a good place to be.

We will need a few loans to complete the squad. If we get majority of these right and some decent free/very low cost incomings might not be so bad. Will be a backs to the wall season regardless but a necessary transitional one given number of players leaving and into last year of contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Could go either way. We need outgoing business done asap so we know both what we need to sign and have capacity to be able to bring players in. If that isn't done quickly we will be competing for scraps at the end of the window which is not a good place to be.

We will need a few loans to complete the squad. If we get majority of these right and some decent free/very low cost incomings might not be so bad. Will be a backs to the wall season regardless but a necessary transitional one given number of players leaving and into last year of contracts.
                100%, get players sold early.

Loans last resort for me. Only if we can't get decent players on permanent deal.

Comment

I doubt we will get enough permanent players to not have any loans. The right loans can make a huge difference. We have had too many disappointing ones last couple of seasons. Not that many years ago I recall Watford going up with a large number of loan players. We are due some better luck with them. Laird started off great guns with us before rot set into team generally.

Comment

Working...
                  X