Game changer - Eze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game changer - Eze

I read that Ian McCullogh informs through his Twitter account that we are due a 25% success fee for any sale of Eze by Palace. The fee isn't calculated from any profit Palace makes (which I thought), but from the entire sales amount. This was new to me and is potential big news, if this was unknown until now. Eze has scored 6 goals in his last 7 matches and is one of the hottest young players in the PL at the moment. If he gets sold for £50m this summer, we are due no less than £12.5m. This will completely change our fortunes around. It wipes away any financial concerns. If it happens, Sir Les and Hoos need credit for an excellent contract.

I understand we are also due some money if he plays for England. That is a possible extra seven figure boost. I guess that will also have a positive impact on any transfer fee.

News of Eze is the single most important transfer news to look out for this summer. Everything else is tiny for us in comparison. What a boost for QPR if it happens! Suddenly, all the doom and gloom will disappear and Ainsworth will find himself with a decent budget and the club will find itself in a situation without any need of fire sales of players to comply with FFP.

I agree about the great contract we put together for Palarse when selling Eze mate. However, we still need to ‘fire sale’ some of the deadwood from this awful squad that has been assembled!

Comment

If we czn keep within the FFP we are surely right up to the limit. So we're still losing circa £13m a year and last year was £20m.

If we get another £12-15m I suspect it will give the Board a year of not dipping into their pockets. We still wouldn't want to see players leave on a free so I would guess the same players would get sold this summer. But it would mean GA gets more of that money to reinvest. Personally, I'd still focus on out of contract players and those under £1m. There's just too much risk for a club our size to buy a £5m player due to Bosman.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
        I agree about the great contract we put together for Palarse when selling Eze mate. However, we still need to ‘fire sale’ some of the deadwood from this awful squad that has been assembled!
        By fire sales I mean sales prices that are less than market value due to a distress situation. If faced with the choice of a FFP breach and subsequent points deduction vs selling Chair for £1m on deadline day, you would go for the latter, if it was just enough to avoid a breach. But if the finances are ok and there are no fear of a breach, we would kindly say "thank you, but no thanks". That's what I mean by avoiding fire sales. I fully agree that we need to move a lot of dead wood. We might have to pay to get some of them off the books!

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

By fire sales I mean sales prices that are less than market value due to a distress situation. If faced with the choice of a FFP breach and subsequent points deduction vs selling Chair for £1m on deadline day, you would go for the latter, if it was just enough to avoid a breach. But if the finances are ok and there are no fear of a breach, we would kindly say "thank you, but no thanks". That's what I mean by avoiding fire sales. I fully agree that we need to move a lot of dead wood. We might have to pay to get some of them off the books!
          Paying shite players off has been all too frequent Bonne,Washington and no bugger will want Dozy Dozzell either so he will end up another paid to leave. this summers recruitment is vital not just in terms of safety and progress but the ffp cloud constantly circling over head

L1/L2 players will come in ive no concerns who they are if scouted by the right person

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Paying shite players off has been all too frequent Bonne,Washington and no bugger will want Dozy Dozzell either so he will end up another paid to leave. this summers recruitment is vital not just in terms of safety and progress but the ffp cloud constantly circling over head

L1/L2 players will come in ive no concerns who they are if scouted by the right person
            I seem to remember a poster on here had looked at an Ipswich fans message board when we signed Dozzy and their fans were falling off their tractors with laughter that we wanted him. They didnt think he was cutting it at L1 and wasnt good enough for the championship. They thought they'd won the lottery when we gave them £750k for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I seem to remember a poster on here had looked at an Ipswich fans message board when we signed Dozzy and their fans were falling off their tractors with laughter that we wanted him. They didnt think he was cutting it at L1 and wasnt good enough for the championship. They thought they'd won the lottery when we gave them £750k for him.
              Yep your right sheep. Can't remember who posted it but they said he was shite and didn't rate him. At the same time pboro paid 250k for Edwards from Barnet who's worth close to 10m our scouting is below the required standard and has been for too long

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Yep your right sheep. Can't remember who posted it but they said he was shite and didn't rate him. At the same time pboro paid 250k for Edwards from Barnet who's worth close to 10m our scouting is below the required standard and has been for too long
                Just had a look at his 2023 data.

36 appearances, zero goals and zero assists.

If hes been playing as a defensive midfielder he's hardly been protecting our two CBs either!!

https://fbref.com/en/players/8f660142/Andre-Dozzell

Comment

I was hoping that Ipswich might try to get him back now that they are back in the championship. Seems like that's just wishful thinking.

Comment

His old man was overrated too

Comment

Just had a look at his 2023 data.

36 appearances, zero goals and zero assists.

If hes been playing as a defensive midfielder he's hardly been protecting our two CBs either!!

https://fbref.com/en/players/8f660142/Andre-Dozzell
                      Goes awol far too early into games at 24 he's not going to cut it looks like a non league player imo

Whoever thought he was worth paying any money for is a berk

Comment

His uncle chinned me on the pitch at Portman rd , he had really long arms ( Tony swallow)

Comment

BTW ... Eze's goal at the weekend was special

Comment

Sounds like a good deal on the club's behalf, very shrewd albeit Eze was always going to make it, spurs missed a trick not signing him. It's just a shame we couldn't have a similar deal when Adrian left because he too will end up at a top premier league club!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Adrian?

Comment

Working...
                              X