Gareth Ainsworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gareth Ainsworth

To all the ones who said that GA was a mistake and wished Neil Critchley back etc. Two words.
    Suck it
    Now enjoy the weekend

September/October ish next season. Will bump this thread up .
    I stand by his not the right guy to take us forward.

Comment

I’m glad we haven’t gone down because I thought we would.Burnley we were lucky not to be 3-0 down at half time but thank the lord we wasn’t and we went on to win…unbelievable.today we were rubbish till half time playing against a team who weren’t much better ,second half we deserved the win.I don’t get GA supporting the board in his after match comments regarding Les and Hoos.They need to be gone and some decent trainers from the bottom up need to be employed.If he starts bad next season he will be sacked.That’s your loyalty to Les and Hoos GA they won’t give to monkeys if they a are still their.Next season will be as bad as this one

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
        September/October ish next season. Will bump this thread up .
        I stand by his not the right guy to take us forward.
        I say this in jest of course. If you stand right in October then fair play. But for tonight, let's celebrate while we can.
        ​​​​​​I am a believer of GA. I wasn't of NC. So this is kind of a double celebration for me. However I understand I could be completely wrong by next season

Comment

He's done very well to keep us up. He deserves his crack at it after the break. I do have my reservations about his ability to
          get us playing attractive football but let's see. I hope I'm wrong because he's a top bloke and loves the club - he's also got the players respect bigvtime which is very important.

Personally I'd like to see him in a suit or at least a club tracksuit on the sidelines. He can keep the Barnet lol

Comment

He has achieved his number one target for the season. Good work.

Validation of method was said after the Burnley win.

This 'playing' method has worked again, I really hope this style is based around the personnel available, and that there is some kind of plan to build something better.

QPR does not have to be Barcelona, it would be nice but i think we'd all settle for good results and some stability, if we end up a bit Pulis-esque for afew seasons then ok. Pulis-esaue would have been a massive compliment over the last two games though.

What i do think about Aisworth is he's a populist, and he'll do what he thinks is best for the results on the pitch, while listening to the fans. I do believe he'll know that this needs to be better and he'll try and work it out. The question will be can he. The even bigger question is does this playing style fit in with the clubs bigger ambition of actually being able to make money by bringing on talent and selling them.

It will be an interesting start to next year, and for me that start is against Bristol, now we are safe, if we play the same way i do not have high hopes for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              He has achieved his number one target for the season. Good work.

Validation of method was said after the Burnley win.

This 'playing' method has worked again, I really hope this style is based around the personnel available, and that there is some kind of plan to build something better.

QPR does not have to be Barcelona, it would be nice but i think we'd all settle for good results and some stability, if we end up a bit Pulis-esque for afew seasons then ok. Pulis-esaue would have been a massive compliment over the last two games though.

What i do think about Aisworth is he's a populist, and he'll do what he thinks is best for the results on the pitch, while listening to the fans. I do believe he'll know that this needs to be better and he'll try and work it out. The question will be can he. The even bigger question is does this playing style fit in with the clubs bigger ambition of actually being able to make money by bringing on talent and selling them.

It will be an interesting start to next year, and for me that start is against Bristol, now we are safe, if we play the same way i do not have high hopes for next year.
              Totally this.

Gareth's achieved something really special in turning the ship around against what felt like a black hole. It wasn't pretty but it didn't need to be and here we are. He's definitely earned the opportunity to take things forward and seeing how he, and the club, does that is going to be intriguing.

Comment

He may not be able to build a team that has multiple potential players to sell for profit, but hopefully something more similar to what Warnock built in 2010-11 season. The likes of Kenny, Hill, Orr, Derry, Mackie and Helguson were never bought in to sell for a profit but what they brought to the team was a passion and desire to show the fans what they can still do. Taarabt and Faurlin were the players with potential to sell for a profit, its about getting the balance right. If we didn't get promoted that season (and without the injuries Faulin got) then I have no doubt these two would have been sold on for good money.

Comment

Give the lad a chance. He's kept us up. He deserves it.

Comment

As a former defender myself I enjoyed watching us deal with all their pressure. We were well organised st the back, the midfield protected the back line and we created opportunities ourselves.

We've has little success making money in the transfer market so the best way to get financial stability is to get promoted. To do that you start with being hatd to beat. Hooefully GA can find some players who know where the net is.

Comment

GA pointed out that the players were a bit hesitant going forward yesterday. IMO, that bodes well for next season- He wants us to go forward a bit more...18 percent of the ball is not much and very boring to watch.
                      Note to self: Thank god we won.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

One advantage we may have are Gareth's years in League One. Has he spotted players that are able to step up into the Championship and hungry for that opportunity, potentially grateful and motivated for that challenge? The pitfall, as always, will be the parlous state of our finances and ability to secure them. I'll admit to being hugely biased against loan signings and our recent record of selecting them has being weak as well. I know at our level that loanees are seen as vital but they're not at the club for the club - they're there for themselves and their parent club mostly and finding one that works out well for all parties requires a midas touch.

There's a huge challenge in sorting out which of the current players - Warbs and Beale's choices - want to stay and are up for the sea change in style as well as getting in replacements. The obvious concern is if we do that and recruit for Gareth's outlook and we have a poor start next season and he goes midway through. I'd love for us to be a combination of stylish football blended with a degree of pragmatism but what I want most of all is a period of stability, planning and getting our finances back on a manageable footing. Promotion can be an answer to financial woes but let's not forget that promotion, and chasing promotion, is what got us in this situation in the first place. I'd settle for another five years in the Championship if it means that the end product of that was a "meaningful" attempt at improving our position thereafter. Let's compete and aim high but don't throw good sense after it. Again.

Comment

Im in two minds myself about Gaz.

Yes I get we are not Barcelona, but at the same time, Football is a results based business and people come to be entertained.

your not going to get away with only having 19 percent of the ball every week, you might be able to get away with it in L1, but the Championship is a totally different proposition.

He has earnt at least a pre-season imo.

Comment

Personally have never seen the club in the state it has been in this season in 40 years. It has been appalling. However fair play to GA. He has had a hell of a mess to clear up and he has got the job done. If we can win our last game we will finish the season as one of the form sides over the last half a dozen games which is laughable, in a nice way given what we have gone through.

The players look up for it and more buying into things which suggests to me the manager is getting his message across. If some aren't and need clearing out then so be it.

We aren't going to have the players to play pretty football next season as I am expecting a massive clear out and no money for replacements so we need to scrap to stay up. I have a feeling GA will get us doing that. Couldn't care less if it is pretty or not. How many times have we had far more possession than opposition and it mainly comprised of defenders passing between each other and back again? We need to be solid first and foremost and last couple of games we have looked more that way than at any time this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                              Give the lad a chance. He's kept us up. He deserves it.
                              He absolutley deserves a pop, I'm not convinced it was a great idea bringing him in, but he's here now and lets see what he can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X