Barton/Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton/Hill

Which ever division we are in next season, would you take these 2 as manager and assistant?

I would !

They wouldn't put up with shirkers .

Comment

Hill stopped working with Barton shortly after the incident with between Barton & wife. They were close friends and you can draw your own conclusions why their working relationship stopped.

Comment

I'm not sure that bringing a massive pile of baggage into a baggage handling area that is already full is a recipe for clearing the baggage.

On a less obscure note, Barton is not somebody I would want representing my team. There are a few people in the sport who I would ignore following my team for if they somehow were appointed and he's one of them. It would be temporary but it would be a thing for the time they were around.

Comment

Think Hill could instil some grit in the defence. I'd pass on Barton though.

Comment

Hill yes Barton No!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Hill stopped working with Barton shortly after the incident with between Barton & wife. They were close friends and you can draw your own conclusions why their working relationship stopped.
              More to do with job location I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

More to do with job location I believe.
                Yes, thats what was said officially which was before the trial.

Perhaps Clint and Wife thought Barton was pond life after that incident.

Comment

Barton yes Hill yes.

Comment

I would keep Barton well away from the club, he's never coming back anyway.

I would definitely get Clint in though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                      Which ever division we are in next season, would you take these 2 as manager and assistant?

I would !

Am I missing something.
                      We have a manager and an assistant. Who by the way have achieved a lot more success than that idiot Barton has on a much lighter budget.
                      Bit disrespectful to GA and his staff.
                      I keep reading the QPR way of playing etc etc I’d love an explanation on this as we are hardly the Barca of the championship.
                      Given time GA Imo will prove to be a success.
                      QPR are not in great shape financially and need stability not a freak show with that mighty midget.
                      Are we underachieving or overachieving by staying in the Championship.
                      The Championship is getting tougher each year and it’s compressing into a mini Premier League with the teams who are getting relegated.
                      This year will be Southampton, probably Forest then maybe Leeds or Everton.
                      That’s another 3 clubs who should finish above us next year.
                      Look at most of the clubs in the top 10 in League 1.
                      We have no divine right to expect to be challenging for the title which is why we need stability something which GA will give.
                      Who knows if it will prove successful but I don’t think you will ever get a more dedicated manager who wants success for QPR like he does.

Comment

No thanks, happy to add Clint to backroom staff but Barton has always had an overly inflated opinion of himself and is not a pleasant character. We weren't good enough for him as a player and doubt we would be as a manager.

We cannot have yet another manager change. GA walked into a nightmare here. Deserves chance to show what he can do with a summer under his belt and more his own team. Did well at Wycombe over a long period of time and will be genuinely committed to the club. We need stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Westylad View Post

Am I missing something.
                          We have a manager and an assistant. Who by the way have achieved a lot more success than that idiot Barton has on a much lighter budget.
                          Bit disrespectful to GA and his staff.
                          I keep reading the QPR way of playing etc etc I’d love an explanation on this as we are hardly the Barca of the championship.
                          Given time GA Imo will prove to be a success.
                          QPR are not in great shape financially and need stability not a freak show with that mighty midget.
                          Are we underachieving or overachieving by staying in the Championship.
                          The Championship is getting tougher each year and it’s compressing into a mini Premier League with the teams who are getting relegated.
                          This year will be Southampton, probably Forest then maybe Leeds or Everton.
                          That’s another 3 clubs who should finish above us next year.
                          Look at most of the clubs in the top 10 in League 1.
                          We have no divine right to expect to be challenging for the title which is why we need stability something which GA will give.
                          Who knows if it will prove successful but I don’t think you will ever get a more dedicated manager who wants success for QPR like he does.
                          Agree with this post, point is we will be changing personel and to have someone like GA who wants to be here will make a difference and is a must.

Comment

Most will want Clint out in few weeks if he joined …
                            why would you want Clint in ?
                            If he didn’t play for qpr then he wouldn’t be mentioned.
                            I don’t get our fan base just because someone played for us don’t mean they will take us to the champions league and win it .
                            the mind boggles sometimes.
                            look at the history of players that have played and managed us .. great record .. let’s continue that route . We will be premiership champions in no time

Comment

Barton. No. God no.

Comment

Working...
                              X