No announcement yet.

In other news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the Millwall v Birmingham game last night as one of my best mates is a Brum fan. Birmingham is a team that I would like us to emulate, yes off the pitch in terms of ownership they probably have even bigger issues than us, but the way Eustace is running the team is exactly what we should be doing, I sort of wish he had been given the job when Warburton left.

The things that struck me most, this is a team that was more or less safe before the game last night, but the fight their players showed to grind out the 1-0 win was great, if our players showed that type of spirit then I have no doubt we would be in a similar position in the table to them, probably even higher in the table. My mate said Hannibal Mejbri (on loan from Man U) who came on with just over 10 mins remaining is so talented but the defensive side of his game lets him down massively, well in those 10 mins I saw more fight from him than I have seen from the likes of Willock and Roberts put together in the last 10 games the pair of them have played. And he was getting the fans behind him, this got the Brum fans going which then transferred to the players on the pitch and they all battled to a 1-0 win. Khadra, another loan player, gave his all too.

The other thing is how they give their young players a chance, Jobe Bellingham may not be anywhere near the level of his brother, but at 17 he played 80 mins and battled on for that whole time plus did the same as Mejbri by fist pumping to the support and the support then obviously got behind them. He has played 21 games in total for Birmingham, Jordan James at 18 has played 30 times for them this season. What is it with Rangers holding young players back by saying we don't want to burn them out or is it that truthfully our young players are very poor? In which case why don't we close the whole academy system down.

So they have players like Bellingham, James, Chong who in next couple of years they are gonna sell for good money, but backed up by likes of seasoned Championship players like Jutkiewitz, Colin, Friend, Roberts, etc.

Also one of the Brum fans I spoke with knows someone who knows Jimmy Dunne, he reckons Dunne is a proper party lad and is on it every weekend. It may be ######## but if true we can't have players behaving this like when we are in a relegation scrap.

Comment

Working...
    X