Mick McCarthy leaves Blackpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick McCarthy leaves Blackpool

After 14 games and 2 wins he's gone. We all know about one of those wins of course.

What with Potter and Brodgers getting launched recently it seems it's never too late for a board to decide that a failing manager sliding down the table can be axed.

With 18pts still to play for there's a big decision to be made I reckon.

Was just thinking that myself , the only way Ainsworth can get to the end of the season is if he gets some more help on the coaching and man management side of things , these players need a rocket of somebody, unfortunately that’s what Warnock would of given us , GA should of got Gerry Francis and Ian Holloway involved, but I’m not sure even they can polish a turd .

Comment

Derry in til end if season. Not sure what the likes of Paul Hall is doing sat in the dugout is supposed to achieve. Les mate is all he is. Give derry a short term contract and allow him to offer the players some advice. Like pull your fingers out and stop acting like a bunch of p******!!

Comment

Totally agree, we need people in like Shaun Derry or Clint Hill to motivate the players until the end of the season, these players know how to give 100%.
        What Paul Hall or the supply teacher he bought with him from Wycombe are doing to help Ainsworth motivate the team I don't know.

Comment

Most fans on here thought Warnock was passed it yet he's keeping Huddersfield in the division and sending us down after they were so called dead certs for the drop. Depressing times to be a rangers fan. I don't blame ga hard to break what is a shocking and devastating run of results.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ainsworth just came across to me as a cheap PR appointment to turn away the anger directed at the owners and Les Ferdinand and its flopped big time.

As much as I hoped it could work, it just isn't working, I dont get this hoofball style he likes, it aint going to cut it at this level.

I struggle to see how he will be here next season, and thats a real shame, cause he doesnt deserve it.

Got something like 13 players whos contracts are up in the summer, some big decisions need to be made.

Comment

Let's be honest, would we have really looked at GA for manager if he hadn't played for us?

Comment

the thing with Ainsworth is its hard to see this "Plan" that he is trying to implement - i took a friend to the game yesterday who said it was hard to see what our tactics were! let alone formation.

we play Dykes down the middle then everyone else seems to playing within 5 yards of the touch lines - there is soo much space for the opposition in the midfield.

We need to go back to a 4 as there is no pointing playing finbacks who don't get forward and cross the ball, we need amos back in mid field or tim as at least they have forward movement and are capable of scoring goals.

Comment

You could have put anyone in charge and they would have no chance with this lot. Club I think saw this as one last roll of the dice, get someone in more vocal to try and gee up the players and maybe bit of new manager bounce. Didn't work and was never going to work but can see why they did it. Don't think even Warnock could do anything with this lot. Worst I have seen in 40 years of supporting the club.

For me time to judge will be halfway through next season. I fully expect us to lose most if not all our last six games. This squad has no fight and no mental strength. Whatever division we end up in GA will have a hell of a rebuild and he knows we lack character. It will be for him to inject some grit into the team and have us playing like a team as opposed to a bunch of frightened individuals who don't want to be there.

You can mention manager 'names' as potential replacements but we won't get any of those. We need someone who will work under the restrictions we have and is willing to build a team on a budget. Think Ollie's first spell. Came in at I think similar time, made no difference to eventual outcome but again didn't expect him to. That side was beat when he joined as is this one. He went on to build a team on a budget of pretty much zero and he injected character into the team. Wasn't always pretty but got the job done over three seasons in League One. I am hoping GA can do similar and I'm willing to give him the chance to do it. Barring a miracle this season is a write off.

Comment

Working...
                  X