Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading points deduction officially confirmed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading points deduction officially confirmed.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/april/...-football-club

Its official, Reading given 6 point deduction for breaching a business plan, it applies immediately.

Means QPR go up to 18th place on 42 points, Reading drop to 21st place on 40 points.

Comment

Don't mean anything until we start winning!!

Comment

Puts them well in the mix but yes down to us to get some points on the board otherwise we will be looking at finishing 22nd most likely.

Comment

I agree, means nothing unless we sort ourselves out.

I can see Reading beating Birmingham at home on Good Friday, if we draw or lose again, they’ll go above us.

We can’t rely on others

Comment

Reading's last game is away to Huddersfield

Reading need to start winning too and have only picked up three draws out of the last eight gsmes. We have a win and a draw.

Another team below is nothing but good news.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Reading need to start winning too and have only picked up three draws out of the last eight gsmes. We have a win and a draw.

I agree mate, it is good news for us. All I’m saying is that we can’t keep relying on others

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I can see this scenario on last game of season. We are 2 points behind Huddersfield and Reading with a -5 goal difference on them both, we need to beat Bristol 6-0 to stay up. We huff and puff and after no shots on target in first half, more of the same for 30 mins, but we get a goal 15 mins from time. Enter Warnock factor, he tells Huddersfield players to go for it, they get a goal on 85 mins. We get a 2nd and 3rd, “There’s only one Neil Warnock”, ring round the ground, Ferdinand has big cheesy grin. In the 94th minute he tells Huddersfield players to down tools and let Reading score and he mouths to camera “Av that Ferdinand ya ####”

Comment

It helps a bit, thats all. We need a W by hook or by crook.

Comment

Hopefully this will be a kick up the #### and give the players incentive to step up their game

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                      I agree, means nothing unless we sort ourselves out.

I can see Reading beating Birmingham at home on Good Friday, if we draw or lose again, they’ll go above us.

We can’t rely on others
                      Yeah. They'll be 10pts clear of us by end of month the way we're going - I really cant be assed trying to process the ramifications of the results of other clubs' fixtures anymore. Simple fact is we only need to stop losing EVERY week to save ourselves.

Comment

The more I look at our run of games, I can't help thinking we need something against Preston on Friday. The ball is in our court, it's about what we can muster in the next seven games, some of which look very tough to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
                          The more I look at our run of games, I can't help thinking we need something against Preston on Friday. The ball is in our court, it's about what we can muster in the next seven games, some of which look very tough to me.
                          I think that's the key thing, at the moment we are still masters of our own destiny, we are the ones in the driving seat, albeit we seem to be driving a Robin Reliant and everyone else is in a Ferrari.

Comment

This could spur reading on ... Can't see where our points are going to come from

Comment

Working...
                            X