No announcement yet.

End of season run in results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some complain about tiki-taka football and the latest is hoof ball - FFS!

Play it short, play it long, play it long play it short.

Zonal mark.....get tight.....kick em in the nuts.

How about getting into the game, keep possession, play it long, play it short, elbow them, when they elbow us fall over and play for a free kick, keep the ball out of our net and do whatever you can to stick the ball on their net. Fight for scraps.

Now stick that up the analysis and diagram!

Get out there and win the ####ing game or you lot will be plsying L2 next season!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Some complain about tiki-taka football and the latest is hoof ball - FFS!

Play it short, play it long, play it long play it short.

Zonal mark.....get tight.....kick em in the nuts.

How about getting into the game, keep possession, play it long, play it short, elbow them, when they elbow us fall over and play for a free kick, keep the ball out of our net and do whatever you can to stick the ball on their net. Fight for scraps.

Now stick that up the analysis and diagram!

Get out there and win the ####ing game or you lot will be plsying L2 next season!!
      Red or white, or was it a mini keg this evening?
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Red or white, or was it a mini keg this evening?
        Six pints and now on the bottle of white

Comment

I'm still hoping for a late play off challenge now we have lulled the footballing world into a false sense of security.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            I am very worried.

We do not have the players to play Ainsworth's hoof ball style effectively. Eze fitted in nicely in his League 1 team, but it remains to see if Ainsworth can merge his style of play with Willock and Chair once both are back.

Going from zonal marking to man marking in defence hasn't worked until now. I do not think it is the right solution and I cannot understand he initiates such a fundamental change at this critical time in the season. It takes a long time to master and it would be better to drill a new defence in a new concept during the summer, different from what these defenders have got used to for years. If he persists with man marking, which is very old fashion to be honest, he needs to sort that pretty damn quick to give us any chance to stop the goals flying in left, right and centre.

The left wing back role is a concern if Paal, Clarke-Salter and Kakay - our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice left backs/left wing backs remain sidelined for long. Drewe wasn't very convincing when starting on the left against Blackpool. At least we have Laird back and Balogun back. That gives us a better chance.

5 points is my guess, and that will be touch and go.
            But Ainsworth HAD to change the system - there'd be literally no point to his arrival if he just plodded along with Critchley's ideas/tactics until end of season.

I personally feel the decision to launch Critchley was totally wrong and more about deflecting a growing resentment and hostility towards the board than bringing about any sort of tactical change on the field under the stewardship of a new gaffer.

Comment

Bit strange to predict we're now about to embark on "promotion-type" form over next 8 games and pick up 14pts.

Our form over last 20 league games is:

LLLDLDDDLDLLLLLWLL (8pts in all).

I'd be curious to know what's happened since our latest shambolic loss that will bring about such an impressive upturn in our results.

I still don't think we'll see another win this season, but that said, I didn't see that win against Watford coming either so I'm not exactly heir to Mystic Meg's mantle.

Comment

We need at least 2 wins and at least two draws from the remaining games to get to at least 50 points.

I would say that has to be the aim now, my hope is that we may well have a lot of our senior players back and you would hope that might be enough to get us over the line, but there is some tough games for us.

Comment

Wigan A loss 0 points
                  Preston H draw 1 point
                  WBA A loss
                  Coventry H win 3 points
                  Norwich H draw 1 points
                  Burnley A Loss
                  Stoke A draw 1 point
                  Bristol C H win 3 points

still reckon 9 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
                    Wigan A loss 0 points
                    Preston H draw 1 point
                    WBA A loss
                    Coventry H win 3 points
                    Norwich H draw 1 points
                    Burnley A Loss
                    Stoke A draw 1 point
                    Bristol C H win 3 points

still reckon 9 points?
                    Based on what?

We conceed cheap goals and we cant score. That trend hasnt changed to suggest anything other than losing every game.

Comment

what part of im trying to remain optimistic dont you understand?

chair willock laird and Paal being back as well?

i know things are bleak but dont take away my hope

like princess leiah said

"help me Gareth wan Kanobi your are only hope"

Comment

I live in hope and am optimistic that other clubs fail, Reading get a points deduction and we get another 3-4 points. Even with all our best players out we dont have goals in this team.

Comment

Hence why Les has to go because hes had about 16 transfer windows to be able to manage to find a striker or 2

im sure if we didnt have a DOF the head coach or 1st team manager would have been able to find a striker they wanted

Comment

Hence why Les has to go because hes had about 16 transfer windows to be able to manage to find a striker or 2

im sure if we didnt have a DOF the head coach or 1st team manager would have been able to find a striker they wanted
                            Bang on.

All wasted money on these loan players. You have to pay the money to get two decent strikers in. Look what happened to us relying on a crooked Mark Hately and two young lads in Gallen and Dichio.

Comment

being in the negative mood im in i was surprised to see what my predictions are

Wigan A draw 1 point
                              Preston H win 3 points
                              WBA A loss
                              Coventry H win 3 points
                              Norwich H win 3 points
                              Burnley A Loss
                              Stoke A draw 1 point
                              Bristol C H win 3 points

14 points collected and thats me with my cautious head on

56 points

all doable these results i think

what you lot reckon?
                              A lot of wishful thinking there ? already lost to Wigan. Preston and WBA will turn us over, as will Coventry, Norwich & Burnley Stoke may get a point but they've found a bit of form lately , and we'll have to win the home game against Bristol to maybe stay up if results go our way ?

Comment

45 points is the average to stay up over the past 10 years but who knows this time. I reckon a win and a draw or 2 would sort us out.

Comment

Working...
                                X